Chapter 8(Sokka's Master)

The gang had decided to camp out close to a small town with a low creek close to it. They waited out through the day and finally relaxed when the sun had set.

"Wow. This is amazing to watch." Katara awes at the beautiful meteor shower passing through the dark night sky filled with stars.

"Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are." Sokka adds.

"Meh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times." Toph comments with a shrug. Right, she's blind. Suddenly, a bright spot in a sky aluminate everyone, urging them to sit up.

"Oh, man. You've never not seen anything like this." Sokka implies as the meteor soars above their heads and crashing in the valley below. Toph quickly stands up to the powerful vibrations that were given off. A fire burning bright in the middle of the pitch-black night, sort of beautiful. They react rapidly getting on Appa and flying over the fire.

"The fire is gonna destroy that town!" Katara exclaims.

"Not if we can stop it!" Aang replies.

As the gang moves quickly to get off Appa, Katara hops onto Appa's head and grabs the reins. "There's a creek over her. I'll bend the water on to the fire." She tells her friends. With a flick of her wrist on the reins, she is flying over the fire.

"Toph, let's make a trench to keep the fire from coming any closer." Aang informs his young teacher. Toph starts to run off in the direction of the fire but is stopped by Sokka's question. "What should I do?"

Aang is also pauses at his sudden question and then notices Momo flying around. "Keep an eye on Momo." He points.

"So, what, I'm just a lemur-sitter?" Sokka asks annoyingly as Momo lands on his head. "There, there. Feel better?" He pats the lemur's small head.

Toph and Aang make a small ravine cutting off the fire's path to destroy more land, making five small pieces of ash fall close to Sokka and catching on fire. Momo and Sokka franticly trying to extinguish the flames. Sokka was only successful with one because he was using a machete. On the other hand, Momo quickly put out the other four flames and getting a funny look from Sokka before sitting down again. Sokka watches the other benders, Toph bending a layer of earth over the edge of the fire, Katara bending a humongous bubble of water and raining it on the flames, then finally passing it over to Aang.

"Sokka, stand clear." Aang notifies Sokka.

"Right, stand clear." Sokka glumly says. Picking up the tiny animal and walking away. Aang fills his lungs with air and blows it out with the water making an explosion-like with the water and changing it to snow, throwing Sokka over.

"Good work, everybody." Aang praises. Not noticing a Sokka popping his head over the snow that was made and Momo 'skating' over the frosted ground.

----------

The young group decide to go off into the town to get something to eat. They stop to a small shop and order their food.

"These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night." Aang states as he sits down in the middle of Toph and Katara with a tray of food in his hand.

"Yeah, the worst thing about being in disguise is that we don't get the hero worship anymore. I miss the love." Toph pouts.

"Boo-hoo, poor heroes." Aang, Toph, and Katara turn their heads towards the voice, seeing Sokka who is sitting on the small stairs gloomy looking out to sea.

"What's your problem?" Katara questions. "You haven't even touched your smoked sea slug." She points out.

"It's just, all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff, like putting out forest fires, and flying around, and making other stuff fly around." Sokka twirls his fingers in the air. "I can't fly around, okay? I can't do anything." AS he slumps over his shoulders.