Chapter 3

Most of the POV's are going to mostly Katara's or the gAang's just to clarify that up. So there won't be many parts of Zuko or Fire Nation's. That's it. This chapter will be Katara's POV.

 During our trip into town, Sokka went looking for different types of meats with Toph. I went to different stalls looking for somethings for Aang. When we got back, I made food for everyone, and of course, they loved it. I put some rice and a cup of tea on a tray and went to Aang's room. 

"I brought you some food," I say while walking through the door towards him. I look to his bed, where he usually is. Then started to look around the room. He was not there. Then a shock wave went through me."Oh, no." I dropped the food tray I was carrying. It clattered on the floor next to the burned ridges of my blue dress. I began running towards the lookout view where I knew my father was. Tears started forming in my eyes as my vision started to get blurry from the tears. As I got to the rails, Bato, a Water Tribe warrior, standing next to my dad. I ran right up to them and stopped, looked up toward my father. The tears started to form larger.

"I'll leave you two alone," Bato suggested seeing me. He left as I walked towards Dad.

"What's wrong, Katara?" He asked looking at me with tears in my eyes.

"He left." I suddenly speak up.

"What?" He asks in confusion.

"Aang," I respond quickly to his question. "He just took his glider and disappeared. He has this ridiculous notion that he has to save the world alone. That it's all his responsibility."

"Maybe that's his way of being brave," Dad says leaning towards me.

"It's not brave. It's selfish and stupid." I snap at him. He recoils back in response and steps back. "We could be helping him, and I know the world needs him but doesn't he know how much that we need him too? How could he just leave us behind?" I say, my voice breaking as I finish.

I see him turn away. Like he was thinking. "You're talking about me too, aren't you?" He questions.

"How could you leave us, Dad?" I finally get to my point. "I mean, I know we had Gran-Gran, and she loved us, but... but we were just so lost without you." The tears finally started to fall, and at a rapid pace.

Dad puts a hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Katara." I start sobbing into my hands.

I hug my father tightly."I understand why you left. I really do, and I know that you had to go, so why do I still feel this way?" My feelings all coming out as one. "I was so sad and angry and hurt."

"I love you more than anything. You and your brother are my entire world." He answers back with love. He puts his chin on my head. "I thought about you every day I was gone, and night when I went to sleep, I would lie awake missing you so much, it would ache." We just stay there for a couple of minutes, embraced in the hug.

"So, what we are going to do about Aang?" Asked Dad.

"Well, first we must get Appa, Sokka, and Toph. Then try to figure out where he went to." I respond.

"And where do you think that is?" he questions.

"He was talking about how he needed to take out the Fire Lord by himself. So, my guess is he went the Fire Nation." I speak back at him.

"Well, you will go find Toph and Sokka and I'll get Appa ready." He says letting go.

"Very well." I start walking away with the whole burden was just lifted off my shoulder. All the pain and grief have disappeared.

"Sokka! Sokka where are you?" I scream my brother's name.

"Katara?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and am standing a few feet away from my older brother. He takes off his helmet.

"Sokka, Aang ran away. I think he went to the Fire Nation." I tell him.

He slaps his hand to his forehead. "Ugh!" He yells in frustration. "Well, we should probably go after him, right?"

"Yes." I nod in response.

"Well, be better hurry." I voice behind me states as Sokka and I jump back.

"Toph!" We both shout a bit.

"Now hurry up. Let's go get Twinkle Toes back." She says grinning like she won the championship.

"Let's go," I say with determination in my voice.

Soon after, Sokka and Dad make a plan to meet up on the Day of the Eclipse, we grabbed some Fire Nation attire, and then got on Appa. Went flying for a couple of hours and then it started to pour with a raging storm on the side.

"Oh, no." I hear Sokka say who is sitting in front of Appa.

"What? What's wrong?" Toph asks surprised by not being able to see and by the tone of Sokka's voice.

"A blockade," I say instead of Sokka answering Toph's question.

"Sokka, move a little, I'm going to the front with you," I state.

He moves a little over and I carefully climb over to him. "Hold Appa steady. I'm going to make a bubble around us so we can breathe. Sokka, take Appa underwater." I demand. He nods with approval while Toph moves closer to Appa's head, hugging Momo.

"Try not to talk." And with that, I make a bubble and we go underwater. It takes a few minutes, but we pass the blockade and put some distance between us.

"Finally. I was starting to feel sick." Toph says holding her head. I laugh at her comment.

"The sun is starting to come up," Sokka says looking towards the horizon.

"Hey, look, a volcano." I point towards the little island coming into view.

"There's Aang!" Sokka yells happily.

"Then let's go down. I want to able to see again." Toph sarcastically says. I roll my eyes at her, but quickly goes away. Momo flies ahead and lands on Aang. Momo starts licking him as his eyes start to flutter open. We land and start running towards him. I am the first one to get to him. Tears, happy tears, start to run down my face as I hug him. Sokka and Toph soon come over and give a group hug. Appa comes too.

"I have so much to do." Aang says breaking the hug.

"I know. But you'll have our help." I say back at him.

"You really think you'd get out training just by coming to the Fire Nation, did you?" Toph states with natural sass.

Aang looks away. "What about the invasion?" He asks looking directly at Sokka.

"We'll with my Dad and the invasion force on the day the of the Eclipse." Sokka responds with a smile on his face.

"Hey, what's-?" Toph "looks" back and picking something in the water. "Oh, it's your glider." She hands to Aang.

"That's okay. If someone saw it, it would give away my identity. It's better now, for now, that no one knows I'm alive." He looks up, toward that volcano. He jumps up to a ledge. He stares at the lava flowing down. He spins his staff, made of thin wood and delicate fabric. He sticks this glider into a crack in the volcano. I stand there watching it being engulfed in flames.

-----

Sometimes, the best way to solve your own problems is to help someone else. -Uncle Iroh