prologue // 00

Y/N'S POV:

ding!

you heard the bell on the door, telling you that someone came in. you were an hour into your shift at the bookstore and you didn't have many customers so far. no one was asking for help finding books or anything so you were filling empty shelves with some new books from the back and it was relaxing.

"excuse me miss?"

a black haired male was looking at you while you were restocking.

"sorry to bother you while you're doing something but I'm looking for a book and I don't know what section I would find it in. could you look it up for me when you get a chance?" he asked you with a calm voice.

"of course! you're not being a bother, it's kinda my job" you joked a bit. you always liked to be fun around your customers and just make them feel welcomed around here. even if you were tired, you always made an effort to make people smile. 'you never know what someone's going through' is what you'd always say if someone asked why you were so friendly to people.

he softly smiled at you as you led the male to the counter with the computer to look up where the book could be. "what's the name of the book you're looking for?" you asked. "by the river, I think that's what I remember seeing. I know it would take me forever to find it if I didn't ask someone to look it up so thank you" you giggled at his answer a bit, "I already told you it's no big deal! let's find this book!" you said excitedly

you looked up the name and it told you where to find it, "over there in the adult fiction section and look at the NEL's and you should find it. if you don't see it then come find me!" you smiled at him and went back to restocking.

after a few minutes the male came back, "didn't see it- oh! you're ready to checkout right?" you saw a book in his hand and he nodded.

you rang up the book for him and he left.
'he seems nice, I hope he'll come back' you smiled to that thought as you went on with your shift.

-

you get a buzz from your phone as you lock up the store and see it's from your classmate, sugawara, who you're friends with

sugawara: hey y/n-san! there's an upcoming test in one of our classes and I wondered if you wanted to study tomorrow and thursday with me and a friend of mine who takes our class but at a different time?

'how sweet of him' you thought to yourself as you replied back

(y/n): that would be great! conveniently, tuesdays and thursdays are days I don't work a long shift so those would be good days for me

you walked back to your dorm, said hi to your roommate and went to your bed. you saw another notification from sugawara

sugawara: perfect! I'll text you where we'll meet tomorrow! have a good night :)

(y/n): you too sugawara-san!

shortly after you sent that message, you plugged in your phone and went to sleep