Just a Movie . . . Date

warnings: fluff, squirrelly Klaus, jealous!five

"So, are you asking me on a date?"

He ran a hand nervously through his hair, shifting from foot to foot. "Yeah, well, um, no, unless you want it to be a date, because I don't want to make you uncomfortable-"

"Five, we've literally been dating for two weeks," you told him calmly, the corners of your mouth twitching up in a smile. "You'd make me more uncomfortable if we didn't go on a date."

A relieved grin split his face. "So it's a date then?"

You smiled and grabbed your coat. "Yes it is."

He took your hand, staring at it for a moment - all of the scars and tiny little hairs crisscrossing it, your nail bitten fingernails, every little detail, all of which he adored - before teleporting you to an alley near the movie theater, since it would look weird if you showed up in the middle of the theater in a flash of light.

You brushed yourself out, a habit, and blinked away the nausea that always accompanied you when you jumped with your boyfriend. He waited patiently for you - something that he'd do only for you - before taking your hand and walking with you to the movie theater a few doors down.

Along the way you met up with a ... certain someone.

"Klaus?" You asked incredulously when you saw your friend stumbling along the street toward you.

"Klaus?" Five echoed, following your gaze to see his brother making a beeline for his girlfriend.

"Y/N!" Klaus exclaimed, spreading his arms out with a lopsided grin. "My favorite girl!"

"Uh, hey!" you said somewhat hesitantly, dropping Five's hand and pulling Klaus in for a hug. "What're you doing here?"

"Oh, y'know, just kinda chillin'," Klaus said nonchalantly. His eyes darted to his brother, and Five stiffened. "Little bro! Whatcha doin' with Y/N-" He broke off suddenly as the realization hit him.

"Yeah Klaus," Five said stiffly, sliding his arm around your waist. "We're on a date."

"Oh, wow, I'm so, um, I'll just be goin' then-"

"No, Klaus, it's fine!" You said quickly, hoping to make up for your boyfriend's mistake. Klaus wasn't exactly a person that took well to insults, even the most subtle of them. "You can ... you can come with us if you want."

He looked skeptical. "I don't want to-"

"Yeah, Y/N, you heard him," Five said through gritted teeth, glaring at you. "He doesn't want to."

You glared right back at your boyfriend. "Let him speak, Five."

Klaus was not a person that took hints easily. In fact, he didn't really take hints at all. So, while you snapped at your boyfriend, he stood there, debating about whether or not to take you up on your offer. Finally, he came to a decision.

"Sure! I'll go with you!" he said sort of loudly. Five mentally swore that he would kill his brother when he got back home. "I mean, it'll be nice to get away from all the dead people. There's lots of 'em this time of night."

"Great!" you said with a grin before turning back to your boyfriend. Your anger towards his insensitivity for his brother dissipated when you saw the defeated look in his eyes. It probably seems like I don't want to go on a date with him. "Five and I will go get the tickets, why don't you go and get the popcorn?"

"Great idea!" Klaus skipped off into the theater, and you immediately turned to your boyfriend, cupping his face in your hands.

"I'm so sorry," you said sincerely, "I know how much you were looking forward to this, but Klaus is always so lonely! The only people he can talk to as friends are dead people, and when they're covered in blood it's probably pretty unsettling. And don't say he has you guys," you cut him off when he opened his mouth, "Because most of the time you guys treat him like trash, especially you. I just wanted to make him happy with living people for once."