Meet the Murder Victim - Three

warnings: jealous!five

Sure enough, you were waiting outside of the Academy at exactly six that Saturday.

And Five was there with you.

"So, uh, where do you want to go?" Five asked, sticking his hands in his pockets so you couldn't see the way they were trembling.

You shrugged and smiled. "Wherever you want, honestly I don't care. I just ... want to get to know you."

His genuine smile was enough to make your heart pound.

*************************************

The two of you just started walking. The stars glimmered above, and laughter and amiable chatter escaped from the houses onto the street. You couldn't help but smile.

"Hey, you want a coffee?" Five asked, stopping in front of a hole-in-the-wall coffee shop on a corner.

"That'd be nice, actually," you said, and Five felt a flutter start up in his stomach again. But in a good way, not a nervous flutter that he would get whenever he came face to face with an obstacle.

The two of you took a seat at a table in the corner, across from each other. You brushed a strand of hair behind your ear as the two of you began talking, getting to know each other without the constant interrupting voice of Klaus cracking a joke or asking a question. Not that you didn't like Klaus, because of course you did, he was a sweet kid and an overall interesting person. But right now ... you really just wanted to talk to Five. Get to know him better.

Thankfully, you did. The two of you sat in the coffee shop, sipping coffee late into the night. Five insisted that his family wouldn't miss him.

"They don't pay attention to me," he promised, on his third cup of coffee. "I'm one of seven, they've got other people to entertain themselves with. We live in a mansion with 47 bedrooms, they'll find places to explore and things to do while I'm gone. They'll never miss me."

You realized he didn't say it sadly, but there was something about his look that made you think that he missed attention. "You love them, don't you?" you asked softly.

He quickly looked at you, almost offended by the question. "No! Of course not, they're just my siblings! They're not that important." But his words lacked the doubt he knew he needed to convince you.

You reached out and, still holding his gaze, squeezed his hand. "Y'know, I'd miss you if you left."

And that was the beginning of your relationship with Five Hargreeves.

Over the course of the next couple weeks, you and five met up in secret at the Academy, somewhere around town, or your house. Your parents worked several jobs to keep you in their downtown apartment, so you were left alone frequently, and with Five's teleportation powers it wasn't hard to escape there and just relax together.

It was the place you had your first kiss. You'd been stressing about a test at school and Five had hugged you - yes, he hugged you - and you just melted into his embrace. One thing led to another and ... you kissed.

Then the two of you just came to a mutual understanding that you were dating.

The day that 'mutual understanding' (for lack of a better phrase) happened, Five came skipping home, the taste of your lip gloss still persisting on his tongue, his heart still thumping from when you'd first leaned in. The memories were a blur, but he knew one thing: He really liked, maybe even loved you. That was the word, right? He'd never felt anything like that in his life, never thought that anybody could feel something like that for him before. He was a freak, an outsider, and the thought that somebody like you could love him made his heart speed up even more.