He Reigns on the Mountain - Chapter 14

Genesis 2: 23-25 The Man said, “Bone of my bone, flesh of my flesh! Name her Woman for she was made from Man." Therefore a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife. They become one flesh. The two of them, the Man and his Wife, were naked, but they felt no shame.

Chapter 14

If the wedding day is something that every girl dreamed about growing up, the wedding night was something every boy dreamed about since puberty. Jamie was no exception. Sure, he had the opportunity to sleep with women before, Annie and he had promised to stay pure and true to each other growing up. So, even away at college when there was plenty of chances to give in to his desires, he remained faithful to her and to their promise. After she died, he did not want to think about finding love again and the thought crossed his mind once or twice that he would never have a wedding night and never experience the joy of giving yourself totally to the one you love more than life itself. So tonight, as he said “I do,” to Jess and made a commitment to her for the rest of his life, “To love, honor and cherish her,” he also knew that they would be more than a couple, more than husband and wife, tonight he would take her to his bed and become lovers. A special gift he would give to only her, all of him. He could hardly wait.

They mounted the horse to ride back down the mountain and Jess nuzzled back into Jamie’s chest. He wrapped his arms around her and took her down the mountain, leaving his family to extinguish the candles and tidy up the mountain meadow. While she had been getting ready for the wedding and before he left to prepare the meadow, he had taken the time to get his cabin ready. The fireplace was ready to light as soon as he walked in. Fresh sheets and bedding was on his bed upstairs and there was an array of fresh fruit and cheeses and other snacks ready for them when they returned from the ceremony.

Although Jamie did not want to, he knew he needed to take care of the horse first. On the ride down, he could tell Jess was nervous. She was quiet and sat still in his arms most of the way. If she only knew that he was getting more aroused every time she shifted and he caught a fresh scent of her hair or when he felt her bottom against his groin. He wanted to take her right then and there, but knew that tonight was going to be special for both of them. She had never come out and said it, but Jamie was almost certain that this would be her first time too.

Jamie rode to the front of the house and dismounted. Then he helped Jess slide down off the saddle. He held her at the waist and pulled her close, taking in every smell, scent and sensation of her. “I will be right back. Go on in and let me put him away.” Nodding his head to the horse. Jess just nodded. Before he left her, he lifted her face and gave her a parting kiss. Knowing the sooner he finished in the barn, the sooner he could return to his wife. ‘His wife,’ he thought. ‘Wow!’ He watched Jess go into the cabin, then he headed for the barn.

He had always considered himself good with his horse. Brownie had been a good horse to him over the years and when he needed to quietly get away into the mountains, Brownie had never taken him down a wrong path. He enjoyed his time with his horse, but tonight, as the stars began to shine, he wanted nothing more than to be in his cabin with his new bride. For that reason alone, it took him less than five minutes to make sure the horse was in his stall, fed and even brushed. He admitted to himself that it was a quick brushing, and he would pay more attention to the horse tomorrow, but right now he wanted to pay his wife some attention.

He walked into the cabin and was amazed. He knew he had only been gone a few minutes, but somehow Jess had time to light every candle in the house and some he didn’t even know that he had. Not to mention the fireplace that now had a roaring fire and a beautiful angel sitting next to it with her auburn hair flowing down over her shoulders in soft little ringlets. The sight took Jamie’s breath away. “You are so beautiful.” Was all Jamie could say when words finally made their way out of his mouth.