How To Build a Mansion For Dummies.

I left Jeff alone sleeping in the chair and went towards the cabin. I was still a little shaken up over the realization that I was not only gay, but falling for a boy I couldn't stand. My hands trembled slightly. I was only then that I realized I still held the scythe in my hands and I still didn't have my shirt on. Walking around with my new scythe, I realized it was pretty bothersome to carry around, despite how light it turned out to be. Because of the curved blade, I couldn't put it over my back with the handle in reach. I also couldn't do that because of it's long handle.

"Great," I muttered to myself. "The first weapon I build and I won't even be able to carry it around."

When I rounded the cabin and went inside, I saw Slender standing in mine and Jeff's bedroom, looking around. I stayed quiet, watching him. Despite my silence, he turned, sensing my presence. There was sudden static in my mind and I realized that during my time with Jeff, Slender hadn't been in my mind, which was unusual since proxy's minds are always connected to Slender in case he wants us to do something. It was harder to do with the ones that weren't close by though he would never admit it. Even so, all proxies had to be connected to him with our minds.

"What's up?" I asked, going to the fridge and setting the scythe on the kitchen table.

He stepped out of the room, bending a little to avoid hitting anything. Even in a smaller version, he was still too tall to walk in most places. "You and Jeff did not rake the yard like I told you to." He said simply and I could detect no anger from him, which was a good sign.

"Yeah, we were in my lab making this," I gestured to the scythe. "I guess we got a little caught up."

He didn't ask why I made it; he already knew. I knew he was in my mind then and I was sure he left around the time I figured out about Jeff's amnesia problem. Instead, he picked up the weapon and twirled it between his fingers, being careful not to slice or break anything. I was a bit nervous about him seeing it because I was sure he wouldn't like it. The scythe was too pretty to be taken seriously. Through our mental link, I could feel nothing.

"What metal did you use for the blade?" He traced a finger along it's edge.

I cleared my throat. "Regular steel that I soaked in one of my chemical concoctions that strengthened it and makes it looks the way it does. For the rod I used reinforced iron so it won't break or bend."

"Beautiful." He placed it back down. "Very good."

A huge smile broke out on my face. "Thanks." I grabbed a cookie from an open package. "So, something interesting in my bedroom?"

He didn't immediately respond, instead picking the scythe back up. "This will be hard to carry. We will have to think of a way to fix that."

"I can mess with the rod and have it shrink. I'll need some of your weird Slender magic for that though. Also, you ignored my question." I pointed out.

"Very good. I will get a vial for you later. Also, I did not ignore your question. I am trying to think of a way to put my thoughts into words." He paused and I didn't push on the subject, knowing he would get mad. "It has come to my attention that Jane will be a constant threat, as you so pointed out. I have also realized that our cabin is not the best place to stay safe. We are exposed, vulnerable. Even with me constantly checking the borders, people still slip by."

"Yeah, remember that one kid? She was sweet." I smiled, remembering a time I came across a little girl.

"Exactly. So I was thinking we need to leave this spot. It is too dangerous."

We stood in silence for a few seconds. It took those few seconds for the words to sink in. "Wait, what?" I asked, incredulously. "We can't leave!"