Weapon Making.

To make up for getting me hurt, Jeff offered to take my chores. Honestly, I didn't even notice what was happening until the day I saw Jeff standing at the kitchen counter, staring with wide eyes as the stove burst into flames. I had to rush him out of the cabin and scream for Slender, who was in his separate room near my lab. Slender, of course, was furious and punished the both of us. Jeff, for trying to take over my chores; me, for not watching him. Our punishment was to go and rake the leaves from the yard, which was nearly impossible considering the fact that we lived in a forest with lots of trees. I couldn't even tell what exactly was part of our 'yard'.

But, it was actually a good thing that Jeff and I had to rake the yard. Ever since the Jane accident, Jeff had been avoiding me and dodging all of mine and Slender's questions. Also, Slender didn't allow us out of the house anymore with her still on the loose. They both said that when they got back to me, she was gone and they had no idea where she went. After Slender was sure I wouldn't die from the stab to the back, he went out to alert all the others to keep an eye out for her. It had already been a week and still nothing.

Not that I was complaining. The less of Jane, the better for us. Though, I had to admit I was curious about how she managed to get away. It was easier to just not think about it. Let that be a problem for another day.

"This is your fault." Jeff muttered as we went to the shed to grab rakes I didn't know we had.

I ignored him. "Did you know that we have a CreepyPasta named Rake? Yeah, he's a scary guy. Met him once. I would

want to wake up to something like him in my bedroom."

"You just had to go and get stabbed," Jeff sneered, whacking me in the back of the head with the rake.

Furious, I swiped my rake at the back of his legs, tripping him and sending him to the ground on his back. Jeff jumped back up and went to attack me but stopped mid leap. We stared hard at each other for several long seconds before he scowled, turned and walked out of the shed. That boy was so lucky I was injured, otherwise, I'd give him the beating of a lifetime. Forget the rules about not fighting each other. Every time I looked at Jeff, this weird feeling came over me and I just wanted to punch him. I'd never felt that way about anyone before.

"You're lucky you're injured or I'd kick your ass." Jeff said, mimicking my thoughts.

"I was thinking the exact same thing," I responded coldly, pushing past him with my uninjured shoulder, though hitting him sent a wave of pain through my hurt side.

He stayed quiet for once and I was grateful for the silence. We split up to different sides of what we assumed was the yard and started raking. The sun couldn't really get through the trees so it was thankfully cooler than if we were directly under the sun. Despite that, I was drenched in sweat after several minutes of raking and my shoulder had started to ache from the exertion of my arms. When I looked over to Jeff, I saw he wasn't faring any better than me. As a matter of fact, he was lying on the ground, staring up at the sky. I noticed he wasn't sweating but he was panting and gasping for air.

"You sound like you ran a marathon," I shouted over at him. His head turned to me and he flicked me off. I gave him and thumbs up and turned back to my pile of leaves. This was going to be impossible, I decided. "How about this" I started. "We destroy the rakes at my lab and then we can hide out there until later."

Jeff sat up and looked at me, glaring. "So you could start some new experiment on me? No."

He already knew me so well. While that wasn't the first thing on my mind, it was definitely there. I made a face and he flicked me off again.

"Please." I said simply.

He stared at me. I widened my eyes, stuck out my bottom lip in a pout and gave him a sad smile.