Switchy Switch

I took off immediately at the sound of the scream. In my panic, I didn't even realize that the scream was female and not male. The others jumped up and ran after me, calling my name, but I didn't stop to hear what they had to say. I rounded the corner of the house and ran straight to a group of creepypasta's who were forming a ring. All I could think of was that Jeff finally did it, he pissed off someone who was stronger than him and they attacked him. Sure, it was forbidden for us to fight each other but that never stopped us.

When I got to them, I pushed everyone out of my way. The ones I pushed shouted and got mad but, thankfully, Hoodie, Masky and Toby calmed them down or at least kept them from hitting me. I got to the center and, for a second, I was confused. This wasn't right. I expected to see Jeff on the floor, probably bleeding out. What was Sally doing holding her arm and crying in the middle of a group of creepypasta's? My head started spinning and I started feeling closed in. I was sure Jeff had been the cause of the scream.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to clear my head but everyone was talking and I couldn't concentrate. My temper quickly rose and, I don't know what did it, I snapped. I grabbed the person closest to me and, holding them buy the front of their shirt, I brought them close to my face, looming over them. It took me only a second to realize it was that weird Ben drowned guy. He looked up at me in surprise.

"What happened here?" I growled.

Ben looked around, probably looking for someone to get me off of him. "Uh, I'm not sure, dude. There was this weird kid here and all I got to see was Zalgo taking him. Will you let me go? You're going to rip my shirt."

I let him go, not realizing how hard my grip had turned after hearing Zalgo's name. Someone tapped my shoulder but I brushed them off as I started off to the cabin. The other's moved out of my way and I walked to my lab like a zombie, not really realizing what I was doing. I threw open the door and saw Slender standing straight in front of me. He looked up when the door slammed open but didn't seem to be very surprised it was me.

"Ah, Falin. I am glad you are here. I was just about to call for you. Can you come look at these blueprints for the mansion itself? I think this is a good design." Slender slid a paper in my direction.

"Slender," I started but he held a hand up and pointed to the blueprints. My body started shaking but I looked down at the blueprints. It looked like it was going to be a very simple design. "You want two wings? That will only serve to make it larger."

Slender nodded. "Yes, I know but the wings will not go as tall as the whole mansion itself."

I looked at him. "How tall is it going to be? I thought we were going for a simple, four or five story building."

He shook his head. "Oh, no. That simply will not do. I cannot stand the thought of being stuck in a small mansion with who knows how many other creepypastas. I can barely stand being in a cabin with you and Jeff. No, I was thinking of making it about ten stories but Zalgo came up with the brilliant idea of making it thirteen floors."

I frowned and asked, "Why thirteen? What's so special about that?"

"You mean you do not know?" I raised my eyebrows at him in a questioning look. "It is a number you humans seem to fear. For many cultures, thirteen is a bad luck number. In some famous buildings, they don't have a thirteenth floor."

"What do you mean? How does one skip over a thirteenth floor?"

He shrugged. "I assumed it meant that instead of calling the thirteenth floor what it is, they call it the fourteenth floor. Strange, is it not? The lengths humans will go to just so they can avoid something that frightens them."