Chapter 31: It

I stared at the sky, reminiscing what had happened. It all felt like a nightmare, repeating itself everytime I closed my eyes.

We had returned from London the very next day after that incident. It was not a nice memory.

Lewis had woken me up by pulling off my blanket - which, by the way, was worse than throwing water. It wasn't the way he had woken me up the only problem, but the major problem was his mood. He seemed angry, yet composed, which made him look scarier.

He had ordered me to get ready for the flight back, and before I knew it, we were back in Liverpool.

It has been three days now, and every now and then, I tend to get lost in the dark memory. I felt like a criminal walking unpunished on the earth.

Lewis was another story. He was nice at times and mad at other times. Whenever I woke up because of a nightmare, he was the nicest person in the world. But whenever I became stable, he turned to an angry mode. And his anger was silence, which was extremely scary.

I was sitting on the porch of the backyard, with all the jumbled thoughts going through my mind. But the problem was, that night wasn't the only thing that occupied my mind. I recalled Lewis's sudden kiss at the 'unofficial' meeting. The memory was driving me crazy. I wanted more.

That's when I made up my mind. Tonight, Lewis was going to pay for that kiss.

I waited patiently for the night to come, making up plans to make my move. When we were finally in bed at night, I turned on my bedside lamp, sat up and faced Lewis. I glared at him.

"What?" Lewis asked.

"You kissed me that day, at your unofficial meeting," I said faking my annoyance. To my surprise, Lewis turned his face away.

"Sorry about that," Lewis said still not facing me. "It's just that, you were too close."

To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. Did that mean Lewis was holding back too? I saw that as my cue to move on.

Lewis turned to look at me, probably wanting for my response.

"I don't want an apology," I said, still faking annoyance. "I want payback."

Lewis shrugged. "I don't payback," saying that he closed his eyes.

No! He spoiled my plan! He was supposed to say that how should he payback. Then I would have replied 'kiss me'. And now he has rendered my plan useless.

Well then, there's only one thing I can do: stop planning and start acting.

I moved forward and kissed Lewis.

Lewis was still for a little while, but then he started reciprocating. It was a nice feeling. I felt like a barrier between us had broken. Though it was still awkward.

We didn't kiss long before it broke.

"What are you doing, Bella?" Lewis asked, seriously confused.

"Kissing you?"

"I know that, but why?"

"It's payback, or you can say revenge, for that kiss," I said, glaring in his eyes, displaying annoyance. I just couldn't muster up the courage to admit it out loud.

Lewis's bewildered expression soon changed to a smile, then a smirk.

"Then I will have to take revenge too," saying that, Lewis lifted his head and pulled me closer and kissed me. I accepted it happily.

~(This chapter might have a little bit of mature content. Just a little bit. No direct words or clear scenes will be mentioned. It's readable. 13+)~