she falls asleep on you

You stared down at your girlfriend again, finding that she was still out cold as the credits of the film started to roll.

She's so tired and it's really no mystery as to why, with how hard she's been working lately. She only made it through twenty minutes of the film before she was asleep on your lap, leaving you to watch the rest of the film on your own.

But you didn't mind. Not when you had the opportunity to run your fingers through her hair and admire how precious she looks when she sleeps.

But now it was over and it's getting late. As much as you don't want to wake her, you know you need to.

Slowly, you ran your fingertips along her arms and whispered her name ever so softly. Slowly, her eyes opened, her lashes fluttering against her cheeks. She stared up at you before yawning quietly. She was still so sleepy, tempted to just curl up on your lap again and go right back to sleep.

"What is it, babe?" She wondered as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes.

"I don't want to wake you but the movie is over."

"Oh, baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep during it."

"It's okay. I know you've been busy lately. You've gotta be exhausted."

She sat up and nodded her head. Her lips parted as she went to speak, but she went wide-eyed when she saw the time.

"Oh. It's getting late..." she mumbled sadly as she took ahold of your hand. "I wish I could stay-"

"Then why don't you?" You blurted out, the words falling from your lips without a second thought. You watched her eyes light up at the suggestion but she smiled sadly at you.

"Are you sure you're ready for me to? You're okay with it?"

"Are you kidding? Chungha, nothing would make me happier than you being by my side all night."

She reached over to tuck a lock of hair behind your ear before she leaned forward to capture your lips with her own, bringing you in for a loving kiss.

"Then I'll stay." She smiled against your lips and kissed you a few more times before pulling back. She yawned again, covering her mouth as her eyes closed and the soft sound fell past her lips.

"Where do you want me to sleep?" She wondered, to which you patted your lap.

"Right here." You said and watched her lips tug up in another smile. "If you don't mind, that is. I'm tired myself and don't think I can even try to make it to my room."

"It's perfectly fine with me, baby." She said as she laid back down and put her head back on your lap. "As long as you're with me, I don't care where or how I sleep. I just want to be with you."

You kissed her forehead softly, eyes full of stars when she gazed up at you. You pulled the blanket from the back of the couch over her lap, draping it to her shoulders.

"You're not cold?" She asked, a hint of worry in her voice.

"No. I'm perfectly fine. Now go back to sleep."

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep with a smile on her face as you caressed it lovingly and hummed along to one of her songs softly in her ear while you continued to lay little kisses to her forehead and her temples.

"I love you, y/n," she mumbled before falling into a deep, peaceful slumber, leaving you smiley and giddy before you repeated the words back to her.

It was only when you knew that she was sound asleep once more that you turned off the tv and turned out the lights before taking a moment to admire and appreciate your beautiful girl.

With a flutter in your heart from the utter happiness you felt, you fell asleep with her in your arms and hoped that it'd be the first of many times these wondrous moments happened with her.