chapter thirty

Sage's POV

Today I start my training for the whole mafia thing. It was a couple of weeks after graduation day, Marco has been busy so I am happy I can see him here at least.

 I have been working out non-stop. Lucia has been helping me out by training me ready, getting me ready she says that 'I can't walk in there not knowing what the fuck to do' so she helps.

I knew how to fight, she taught me a couple of things, I tried sparring with her. She kicked my ass, it makes sense she is an assassin. Other than that she showed me how to shoot properly, and I took up knives for fun. It was irritating at first now I have the hang of it. That's really all other than building up my stamina. We run miles every day.

Oh and tomorrow I start, Marco and I decided to keep our relationship to family and close people. Just so no one will give me special attention, but whoever sees us, sees us.

"Sage come on" Em hates being late to work at least. I am a little nervous, but I have been through this over and over with Lucia so I should be ok. I bring a change of clothes and we head off to the 'base' as Marco calls it.

Going in there is a whole bunch of security, you have handprints to get in, guards at every point, and the drive up there is like 10 minutes. It is huge, we parked next to Luca. Everyone was here minus Lucia. She will be here later on.

"Scout" was my new friend, gossip and all. "Where is the training place, Em sucks at directions" he laughed "Here these are the locker rooms, change and then head to that door" pointing to a couple of doors down, to the left. I got changed, I didn't know what to wear so Lucia helped said wear what I usually wear, which is a spandex, sports bra, and mesh shirt all black.

I walked in, there were about 30 people. Who is now looking at me, well there goes being normal? "Everyone in formation" oh looks it's that one guy, he was in the room with Marco that one day.

I got next to this blonde, she looked very bitchy. Next to me was a guy, an inch taller than me maybe. Our hands are behind our backs, kind of like the military sort of. He looked around, I was in the back. Our 'superior' said that we would be going through basics, everything in one to see where everyone stood. Yay

We broke into different groups. Mine was me, two guys, Darius, Ralph, and a girl who seemed too nice to be here Elizabeth. "You guys will start with that course" was nonetheless an obstacle. He walked away and we got started. It was pretty easy, just a lot of jumping over things, dodging, and running like hell.

"How are you that good" I turned and it was Ralph, "I am really not, I just have a lot of- experience" referring to Lucia forcing me to climb up a fucking mountain and run. "So we all got turns, do we wait?" I just shrugged "Hey Elizabeth are you okay?" she was making a weird face "Uhm yeah, it's nothing, also call me Liz please" I nodded, looked over to what she was looking at. It was that bitchy blonde and brunette.

"Alright group five next is a mile, Go" I actually like running, we were paired with group seven. They seemed close, people must know each other. The guy started the timer and we ran, Ralph was actually really fast. I was in fourth. Liz was right next to me, on the last lap she and we both sped up, making me third her fourth. I walked to get water breathlessly,

"I don't even know what you're doing here, you and your family are a disgrace to the Mafia" damn I turned the corner, it was Liz and bitchy blonde, she walked away and Liz kept her head down. "You know you should put her in her place" she shook her head "She isn't wrong" whatever I am not getting in drama.

We continued thought the day the last part was finished, I was walking out till Scout walked through "You're not staying" this kid knew how to scare people "Jeez, do you just pop up everywhere" he just shrugged "Stay for what training is over" I kept walking "Sparing" I am now intrigued "The recruits or you guys challenge each other and go at it for a little"

"Mhm, I don't know" he just smiled "Come on just watch" I mean I could get a feel for the place why not. A couple of people were around different mats "Sage, you decided to stay" I just nodded. "Why so many people?" I was looking around and there were people from different places, at every mat. "Everyone likes to see what we got, you know?" ahh so basically to see if you're good or not. I stood next to Darius and Ralph, Liz was on the other side.

"Oh, shit look who is here" I turned to see Luca, Rezo, and Marco. They knew how to make an entrance "Triple threat am I right?" they all walked closer, and closer to get a good view everyone bowed their heads, showing respect I guess. 

"I am going to go in" he stepped on to the mat, there were four big ones, Darius stepped on challenging this one guy called Eli. Marco was at another mat, I walked over to the one Rezo was at also Liz was there and the bitchy bunch. I laugh internally.

"You" pointing at Liz, she couldn't say no, it was with Brianna the blonde. They stepped in, Brianna gave a smirk and lunged for it. Hitting Liz straight in the face, she kept going. Liz got a couple of good hits but it looked like Brianna wanted to kill her. Liz had red marks everywhere, you would think people would break it up, but stood there. Liz fell and Briana kept hitting her.

"THAT'S Enough" oh god my mouth has a mind of its own. She kept going at her, I walked onto the mat and pushed Brianna off "Hey it's okay, get up" I helped Liz up, walked her to the bench. "You won, that was unnecessary" I tapped Brianna who was talking to Rezo. "Look it's the disappointment friend"

We all got one chance to fight, the brunette also known as Adria and stepped on the mat "Hey, me and you" You have to be kidding "What your friend can't fight so you chose to do it for her, pathetic" everyone eyes landed on me. What is she important or something? "What you scared" funny "No you just a waste of time, but if you insist" I stepped on and well at least we got attention. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

this one is a little short sorry.

-s