Chapter Six: Uranus

Spencer knew he should've ran after you.

He knew he should've just followed you out anyway, told you that it was just a misunderstanding, that he did in fact like you and wanted to be with you that he was just scared that wasn't what you really wanted.

But he couldn't get over the look you had given him. That look of pure hurt. Though the two of you didn't like each other at first, he'd never seen that look. He may have seen you angry or cross at him but never the look that haunted him now. Your mouth was slack, like you couldn't even put the energy into a frown with how much you were trying not to cry in front of him. It nearly broke him apart and while your face had become one of Spencer's favorite studies lately, he never wanted to see you like that again.

So in a momentary lapse of judgement, he let you go.

He should've known they'd be watching, waiting to get you. It takes the average person 5.15 minutes to smoke a cigarette. He knew it only took you 2.40 because you felt guilty about the habit you couldn't shake sometimes so you would only smoke half before throwing the rest out. So around 2 minutes, Spencer came out to find you, bring you back inside maybe but when he got there you were gone. He knew you weren't dumb so you wouldn't just leave no matter how upset you were. That's when he saw it.

Blood on the sidewalk.

He calls Garcia immediately so she can notify the rest of the team and Spencer waits outside for them. Hotch is immediately on Spencer.

"What happened?" He asked, sternly. Spencer explains what happened, well an abridged version. Hotch didn't need to know exactly what had upset you. Just that he followed you after leaving you for 2 minutes and when he came to get you, you were gone.

"Why would you even let her go by herself?" Hotch asked angrily. "Jesus, Spencer. You are smarter than that."

"You don't think I know that!" Spencer snapped. The rest of the team looked up at that. "I know it was stupid and you can feel free to reprimand me after we find her. I need to focus on this."

Hotch just clicks his jaw and nods before turning to Rossi to get his thoughts on the scene before them. Spencer is out of it when Emily places a hand on his shoulder.

"You don't have to tell me but I know you were lying to Hotch." She says. "You wouldn't just let her go, something happened. And it might help us find her faster if I know what it is."

Spencer sighs. "I kissed her..." he says.

Emily looks at him sadly when he says that. "Did she leave because she was uncomfortable....?"

"No, Emily! She wanted me to kiss her, I asked. It's just..." He trails off. "You know about transference, I didn't want to take advantage of the vulnerable state she was in. No matter how much I like her."

"And did you tell her this, the way you just told me?" Emily asks.

Spencer shakes his head. "I told her that we don't actually like each other. And she took it as me saying I wasn't into her and she was upset that she maybe read the situation wrong. So when she asked to go... I let her." Spencer runs a hand through his hair, stressed. Trying to keep the tears he had in his eyes at bay. "It wasn't even 2 minutes, Em. And he took her from me. I can't do this again." He choked.

"Hey," Emily said, rubbing a hand on his back. "You're not going to, okay? We'll find her."

————————————————————

You woke up slowly, groaning from the pain emanating from the back of your head. You're strapped to a chair, your arms and feet bound, and an old scarf is tied around your head and in your mouth to gag you. You look around the room you're in, you knew it was some kind of warehouse or abandoned building because it wasn't kept up. You hear a door open behind you but you can't turn your head to see them.