9. Major crush

We got to the classroom with a minute left to spare as Alya and I sped to our seats. The teacher wasn't in the classroom yet, so we even had more time then we initially thought.

Nino and Adrien were sitting directly in-front of us, then they both turned around at the same time. I tried to avoid eye contact with Adrien, and instead left all of my attention to Alya.

"Marinette, are you okay." Adrien suddenly asked while looking genuinely concerned for his friend. I slowly nodded my head, trying to avoid the headache that was coming from all my stress. "Are you sure your okay." This time I turned away from him.

I don't know what it is, but as soon as someone ask if I'm okay while being in the verge of crying, I immediately cry. I tried to silence my small weeps that I was doing by acting like I was looking in my book bag for something. I then made sure my hoodie was properly hiding my face as I heard the door to the classroom close.

"Hello students, We have a new classmate today." As soon as I heard the words I knew my day couldn't have gotten any worse. The girl who had punched me was now in our classroom, smiling without a care in the world.

I visibly shook, and I felt Alya's hand on my shoulder. I now knew that she knew who had hit me by her raging squeeze. I looked at her while shaking my head, telling her to not do anything.

"Hello guys, My name is-."

"Kagami, yes we already know. I mean the news of your and adrikins breakup was practically everywhere. It was ridiculous." Chloe laughed while Sabrina stayed silent. Kagami rolled her eyes as her eyes shifted over to me.

I hid away from her glare, but saw the sweet smile that had played on her lips. Her gaze then shifted towards Adrien, and her small smile just got bigger by the second. "Adrien and I, or Adrikin's as you may call it are friends now. We decided that it would be better until further notice." She said it like it was a speech to the press. "So, am I allowed to sit anywhere?" She suddenly asked with a smirk.

"Unfortunately the only seat we have open is in the back of the class, you would have to discuss a seating change with your classmates as all seats are chosen." She huffed as she began to walk up the stairs and found her seat in the back.

I let out a small breath that I never realized I was holding, and then punched myself to let out the anger that was currently boiling inside of me.

"Marinette, you know there are no hoodies in the classroom, it is not proper etiquette." The teacher stated out loud. The whole class looked to me only because I was the one in trouble. I already began to hate the attention.

"But Ms.-."

"No But's take the hoodie off or I will see you in detention." I knew I couldn't have another detention or they would notify my parents, so I did the only thing that made sense at the time, I took off my hoodie.

As soon as I heard the gasp I rolled my eyes and threw my head down to the desk, hiding my face with my arms.

"Marinette what happened!?" The teacher said out loud again. I was glad the people in the back, especially Kagami, couldn't see the torment that was currently given to me. Instead all they were able to see was the back of my head.

I looked at Alya, glad that she knew what I was thinking. "She ran into a desk yesterday. I was with her ma'am." I nodded my head at the lie that Alya had just stated, slowly going along with it. I then looked down to Adrien, who could obviously tell that Alya was lying.

Now I knew he was going to ask me questions.

I groaned in a whisper, and felt the tears arrive even more. I'm such a cry baby.

After class was over and it was time for lunch, I knew the hell would get worse. I was eating while shielding my face from the stares of Adrien and Nino. Adrien was staring at the bruise, seemingly getting more angry as the time went by. And Nino had his music blasting to suppress his rage.

Kagami was no where to be seen, but I was afraid she was hiding in the shadows. I knew she was still under her mother's control, unlike Adrien, so she was forced to go home to eat her lunch.

I guess I was glad I didn't have such strict parents.

Suddenly a harsh smack to the table got me scared again, and made me recall the punch to the face last night. I should've been used to this, I mean I've gotten hurt so many times as Ladybug, why was this any different?

Nino took off his headphones and looked at Adrien's hand which was now stuck to the table.

"Don't start asking questions." I said, my voice rougher then intended. I coughed little to take the roughness away.

"How am I suppose to not ask questions?!" Adrien spat out, his green eyes practically glowing right now. "Alya was with us yesterday, chilling at Nino's house. So there's no way you hit the edge of whatever you did, which means your lying."

I rolled my eyes before putting the hoodie over my face again. I really didn't feel like talking about this nor having this conversation.

"So what? It doesn't matter." I shrugged it off.

"It doesn't matter? Who did it. Who are you protecting?" He asked. "It couldn't have been your parents, and since your so keen on hiding it that means it has to be someone we all know."

I crossed my arms, keeping my head down at my lunch. I had some ramen noodles that didn't look as appetizing as they usually did. I pushed my food away and glared at Alya. She had practically thrown me under the bus when instead I was under the impression that she had actually saved me.

"And my ex showed up to school today-." He paused. Looking at my bruise again before I saw even more rage split his face. "What the hell, Kagami did that to you?!" He suddenly pushed his food away from him, and then started to fumble around with his hands.

"How did you know it was her!?" I asked.

"So it was her?!" I didn't realize the mistake until I said it.

"W-well it doesn't matter. I deserved it anyway." I shrugged, bringing my ramen noodles closer to me for comfort.

"How the fuck do you think you deserve that? You never deserve to have someone hit you. And now that Kagami has done that, I'm completely cutting her off." He said it like it was a revelation.

Cutting her off would only make it worse.

" You can't do that, or she... or she-."

"Even worse, the bitch is threatening you?" Alya now chimed in, now very interested in the conversation. It was actually kind of funny hearing my friends cuss because it was highly unusual. I chuckled for a second then caught myself. "What the- what is funny?"

"You guys are just over reacting right now. She may have thrown some threatening words around. And I may or may not believe them. I-I..." I felt some more tears come down my face, and then cussed at myself for being at crying mess. It was simply embarrassing and felt so unnatural. "I don't even know what I'm doing." I put my head down and stared at my hands. They were just so interesting in this situation.

I wasn't in the right state of mind, and I was just ready to have everything spill out more then I wanted it to. "The threat had something to do with you, Adrien. And I know that you'd probably want to hear the news from me rather then Kagami." I looked up at Alya, seeing her confusion, then looked back towards Adrien who contained the same look.

"I-I used to have a major crush on you."