1

"Come on."

Jisung wiped his sleep heavy eyes, tears welling up in the corners from having just been woken up by the knocking on his window.

Changbin tilted his head towards the truck, Chan half asleep in the drivers seat.

The youngest of the three rubbed his face with black sweater paws, "fuck," he cussed quietly, "a-are we running late?"

Changbin shook his head, "not yet, it's only 2."

Jisung sighed quietly, it was his idea.  He wasn't regretting it at all yet.  Mumbling a quiet Thank you towards the house, he heaved his bag up and shut the door, following Changbin into the truck, the second oldest sliding into the passengers seat while Jisung squeezed into the back.

The eldest jumped a bit as the doors slammed before a half asleep mumble of, "Are we sure we're doing this?" left his tired lips.

"Of course, we'll have fun okay.  Trust me."

"I do, I do," Chan mumbled to the youngest, stretching to wake himself up.

"You okay, Jisungie," Changbin whispered, the crowded airport having shoved the 3 tired males to a corner.  The youngest eyes going from the 2nd oldest's face to the crowd of people.

"I'm fine," he mumbled, Chan wincing as someone bumped into him as he tried to make his way to the youngest's side to block him from the crowd.

Of course he relaxed when the elder male was by his side.

Jisung didn't like crowds, too many people in one area and having no control to where he was pushed.

Chan wrapped an arm around Jisung's waist while Changbin wrapped an arm over his shoulders.

They were tired but it was okay, they could sleep on the plane.  This plan spanned for years, Jisung's plan to show his family he was growing up and could plan on his own.  That's why he didn't have a goodbye note, he had the planning sheet with the three's signatures on it and the date. 

He could handle himself.

With a gulp, he looked up, "Our flight's soon.  We didn't work and pay for these for nothing."

As the three soon borded the plane, managing to get themselves all in the same row thanks to nice people willing to trade seats so they could be together.

Jisung got the window seat, eyes tiredly watching the ground.

05:15 am.

Chan and Changbin settled with playing games as the youngest stared outside, not wanting to join in the games yet.

The boy gasped when they were off the ground, sitting up in his seat to watch everything shrink below them. 

He licked his lips, looking to his two best friends who were watching him to make sure he was okay.

Chan placed a hand on his shoulder, "Sungie, let's sleep.  We have about 14 hours, that's a good time for us to make up the sleep we've been loosing."

"Okay."

"

Ew, it's 1 am here."

"Why did we choose LA again?"

"Shut up," Changbin mumbled, "It's cause it's one of the most known places in some ways. And either what it'd be somewhat around 1 am or 4 am if we went to New York."

"Channie, did you get the—"

"Right away, don't worry," The eldest hummed, spinning the rental car keys on his finger.

They had grabbed their bags and Jisung took his phone off airplane mode to finally see his notifications.

He moved to put his phone away but Changbin grabbed it.

"400 missed calls from his family," Changbin announced to the eldest male, "At least call your mom back."

"No, we're not doing this right now."

Chan sighed, motioning Changbin to stop pushing and instead give the device back.

Jisung stared at the car's window.  That one at the top.  That opens.

"Jisung!"

"Calm down," The youngest mumbled, having unbuckled himself to open the window, using the box near the center console to pull himself up and through.

He sat up on the car roof, they were the only ones on the quiet trail-like road. 

"You pain in the ass," Chan mumbled, though he was insanely worried, "If we crash or something and you get hurt—"

"It'll be worth it," the youngest reponded instantly, eyes up to the starry sky, Changbin watching him from the passenger seat.

"Come up, Binnie," Jisung called, reaching for the elder but Changbin shook his head.

Jisung shrugged, looking back up towards the sky, sighing in content.  He liked this.  Feeling completely free.

He didn't think sitting on a car roof in the middle of the night would do that. 

And his phone was ringing.

"Jisung," Changbin called, the youngest shaking his head so Changbin lowered the ringing phone and settled in back into the seat where Jisung had been sitting. 

"We haven't even been gone for a day yet," Jisung explained, having to talk a little louder because of the wind.

They were quiet except for the quiet music playing from the radio connected to Chan's phone by an AUX cord.  Jisung closed his eyes, leaning back on his hands, only opening then to watch the stars above him. 

As the road slowly became busy around 4 am, Jisung went back to his seat inside the car.

"Why are you avoiding your family?" Chan asked, though eyes focused on the road in front of them, he was still a bit anxious when it came to driving so he wouldn't even glance away for a second on a road with any more than 2 cars.

"Because they need to know that at yhe end of this.  I'll be fine.  I can take care of myself."