Chapter 12 ^ one last time^

3rd Person POV || the song for this one is let her go by passenger
This chapter contains graphic depictions of suicide and implied suicide .
————————————————————
George had finally gotten home, it was February again, it had been very long since he felt the safe and comfort of his home, his family had greeted him once he had gotten to his house, he later found out that Wilbur had been kicked out by Philza, George saw the older boy pull further and further away from him, maybe he was dreaming, Wilbur was upbeat and loved to go out with George, he was the one that made George more social, but now he was pulling away, further and further from the only family he had left, George made up his mind a walked to Wilbur's door, knocking on it 3 times before getting a response, the doorknob jiggled before softly opening, Wilbur glanced at George and smiled, " come in , Georgie. " Wilbur said in a menacing tone, George flinched at his voice, why was he acting like this? He shook the thoughts away from his head and gladly walked in, the room was a mess, but then again, Wilbur was a mess.
George sighed and shook his head, carefully sitting down , they sat there in comfortable silence, until Wilbur decided to interrupt it.
" so, you and dreamie?~ " Wilbur says jokingly, George turns red and laughs in embarrassment, he nods and looks at Wilbur, " yeah? What about it , wilby? " George says , he hasn't used that name in years, Wilbur laughed at the old nickname and looked back at George, making eye contact, " did you tell him? " Wilbur says looking up as if he was in deep thought, George understood what we meant and nodded , he was beaming, Wilbur looked at him and awe then sat next to him, " does this mean you don't need me anymore? " Wilbur said, he was serious, this wasn't joking, his voice was stern and he was gripping onto George's shoulder, no this wasn't Wilbur, his eyes were crazed, he looked like he had been crying, his nose was red and puffy, George felt tears sting his eyes, now looking at his best friend understanding what he meant, " What? Are you insane Wilbur? You're like my brother! And you have Tommy, of course I need you! We all need you. " George said almost frantically, holding onto Wilbur , pulling him in for a hug, Wilbur smiled and snuggled his head onto George's shoulder, " okay George, I'm not going anywhere, ill stay right here. " those words burned, they burned deeper than acid on his skin, something was off, but he can't do anything about it, right here? What did he mean, no don't think about it George, just stay with him, be there, George thought, his own thoughts taking over and finally he decided to cut off the hug, he smiled at Wilbur and ruffled his hair, " George, do you know about a place called, L'manberg? " Wilbur said passionately, George looked at the taller man and shook his head, he was interested, his friend seemed very passionate about this, " well in history class we learned about a place called l'manberg, a place where men went to be safe, everyone was allowed, but they Fought for their independence, yet, in the middle, there was a traitor, and he said something along the lines of, " Wilbur said, before pausing and smiling at the line he was about to say, " it was never meant to be, " he finally let out, laughing sheepishly, George looked at him in awe, there was nothing wrong with his best friend liking something like this, and no one else listened so, George did.
" but the men were exiled at a unfortunate presidential election, and the former ex president went insane, " Wilbur laughed out, George looked at him, his laugh sounded very menacing, he squeezed wilburs hand which calmed him down, " and he blew it all up, l'manberg was gone, he was stabbed by his own father, and that was the fall of l'manberg " Wilbur choked out looking away before smiling and turning back to a star struck George, he smiled and grabbed his guitar, " we learned the song which they sung in those times , would you like to hear it? " Wilbur said before sitting back on the bed next to George, " of course. " George said, nodding softly and smiling, he loved the sound of his best friend's guitar, and there it was, he started playing.
" Well, I heard there was a special place
Where men could go and emancipate
The brutality and tyranny of their ruler " Wilbur sang, the sweet sound of wilburs voice fulfilling George, the slow hits on the guitar as Wilbur played.
" Well, this place is real, we needn't fret
With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret
It's a very big place, not blown-up, L'Manberg " Wilbur continued, his voice softening as he looked at George, George was getting tired as he put his head on wilburs shoulder.
"My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg " Wilbur sang, closing his eyes and putting his head on top of George's.
"Well, our faith was strong within these walls
A sanctuary that would never fall
The beauty of this landscape overthrew ya
He made his throne and betrayed our land
But wе still stand strong and we hold our hands
And from here I can see my L'Manbеrg " Wilbur continued, and George had already fallen asleep to the sweet tunes which had bigger meanings behind them.
" Oh, my L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg " Wilbur finished off and put George to lay on his bed, looking away from George and falling asleep himself.
It was 12 Am, the soft sound of a door closing and opening before being locked woke the tired George up, he slowly put on his slippers and looked around, where's Wilbur? George thought, looking around, and then he saw it, a suicide note, the pills were gone as well, it clicked in him, he got up and raced, he got to the bathroom which he couldn't open and started banging on the brown wooden door.
" WILBUR! LET ME IN! " George said, his voice cracking, his best friend might as well be dead but he couldn't , he wouldn't give up, he banged and banged until the click of the doorknob was heard, Wilbur had unlocked the door.
George rushed in and that's when he saw him, the man which he called his best friend standing there, pills gone , probably down his Throat, the look in his eyes which used to be brighter than the sun was gone, Wilbur smiled, this is what he wanted and George couldn't do anything about it.
" Wilbur.. " George looked at him, walking closer and closer, until Wilbur started coughing, he got on his knees and laughed, the laugh was a mix a mix between coughing and laughing, this isn't what George wanted, they were supposed to be together until the end, this can't be the end, he rushed to Wilbur, holding him in his arms, his head laying on George's arms and his torso on George's crisscrossed legs, tears welled up in his eyes, threatening to fall at any moment, all Wilbur could do was stare up at the younger.
" Wilbur— please, please don't leave me. " George said looking down with his eyes closed, warm tears falling and dripping onto his on sweater, Wilbur smiled and wiped George's eyes, " I said I'll always be here, I'm not going anywhere — George. " Wilbur said, coughing between sentences, his face turning pale, and his lips turning purple, George caressed Wilburs cheeks, " please, I need you Wilbur, you're like a big brother to me, please, please.. tommy needs you too, don't go.. " George said softly, his eyes were glassy and all he could see was Wilbur smiling softly, it wasn't like before, it was genuine, wilbur endorsed the pain of his toxic household for years and had to raise his own younger brother, and now that he didn't have to anymore his purpose was gone, he felt fulfilled, but Wilbur didn't want it to end like this , he wanted to see George's smile one last time.
" Georgie, please, don't cry— I'm still here. " Wilbur said softly enough to be a whisper but loud enough for George to hear, George sniffed and wiped his eyes, a broken smile tugging at his lips.
Wilbur smiled and held onto George's cheeks, caressing them , George melted onto the touch and looked at Wilbur, the fire lit inside his best friend was gone, George had to accept that these were his last moments with his best friend, his brother, he held onto Wilbur tightly, " do you remember the song? Or l'manberg? " Wilbur asked George, George simply nodded, he didn't want his best friend to go.
" please, sing it for me , Gogy. " Wilbur said pulling out the nickname that George hadn't heard in so long, George wanted to scream, he wanted this to me a dream, but , it wasn't, this was all real, George nodded softly and calmed himself.
"Well, I heard there was a special place
Where men could go and emancipate
The brutality and tyranny of their ruler
Well, this place is real, we needn't fret
With Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, fuck Eret
It's a very big place, not blown-up, L'Manberg" George started singing, his voice breaking softly as he looked at his friend, his friend looked back at him and smiled, tears welling up in his eyes as well as he heard his friend sing, They weren't friends anymore, they were brothers, and they now acknowledged that, George let tears run down his cheeks like a marathon.
" My —L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg " George sang, trying to keep it up for Wilbur, his voice cracking as he looked as his best friend giving up a life he once loved so dearly.
" Well, our faith was strong within these walls
A sanctuary that would never fall
The beauty of this landscape overthrew ya
He made his throne and betrayed our land
But wе still stand strong and we hold our hands
And from here I can see my L'Manbеrg " George continued, Wilbur kept holding onto George's cheek, caressing it, and George pulled him closer into a hug, his head on Wilburs shoulder, Wilbur hugged back and smiled into the hug, the warm embrace made both of the boys feel safe and at home, this was the last time George will feel like this.
" Oh, my L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg
My L'Manberg " George finished finally, and like that Wilburs hands let go and his body went limp, George took in the heavy realization and screamed, he screamed and cried , it's all he could do, his safe place was gone, his home was gone, the warm embrace of his brother was gone, he will never see Wilbur again, they will never fulfill their promises, George's world crumbled, he cried and screamed until his lungs gave out, gripping onto Wilbur as if there was hope but they both knew he was gone.
George finally let go and stared at Wilbur , his lifeless body went off smiling, and Wilbur wouldn't like it any other way, he was finally peaceful, away from the hurt of the people of this shitty Earth.
George let out a shaky breath, he closed Wilburs eyes and out their foreheads together, tears running down his cheeks as he held onto Wilburs lifeless face, the tears were warm and nothing but helpful, he closed his eyes as well almost trying to match his dead best friend, no, his dead brother.
" rest easy... Wilby. " George said, gripping onto Wilbur and crying, he couldn't scream anymore, all he could do was stay like this and Cherie the last moments of the warm embrace of his home, wilbur was his home, and now he was gone, and just like that, it was over, it was only George now left with the lifeless body of what he once called his brother.
————————————
Word count; 2,002