Chapter 13 彡Comfort in the silence彡

✰ 3rd person POV ✰
✰ Song ; can you feel my heart by bring me the horizon ✰
⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏
It had been a week, a week of the nonstop memories running through George's head, the fears of him being responsible for his now deceased friend death, but deep down he knew it wasn't his fault, could've been the psychological abuse, the neglect, the stress, but it all led up to something, his family, and George hated them, he hated them all, except Tommy, the child, who he believed was dealing with it worse.
George had been holding onto Wilburs beanie, each one of his friends had gotten something, well at least the people who he was closest to, George had gotten his beanie, Niki had gotten his cloak, Tommy got his glasses, and finally, Fundy had gotten his silky red scarf, each one of them had them every time of the day, none of them letting go, George softly pushed his head onto the beanie, taking in the now faint scent of what once was Wilburs scent, he knew it would go away someday and one of the pieces he had left of Wilbur would be ripped away.
He sighed and stared up at his popcorn ceiling, I have to write a speech for his funeral tomorrow, he thought , what would he write? About the monsters that lurked, the ones whom ripped his best friend away? The ones who don't hide under your beds or in your closet but rather the ones that are supposed to be there for you.
He reluctantly grabbed a pen and some paper, starting to write his speech, taking time every once in a while to look out the window and stare as the liquid that people so called rain drip down the window sill.
It had been exactly 2 hours, the time had passed like the speed of light, it felt slow yet so fast, he had finally finished writing his speech and tossed the paper to the side, piling up to the mess in his room, he heard the doorbell ring throughout his house, he slowly got up and walked through the dim hallways which seemed to be closing in on him, the inhaled and exhaled trying to keep himself from panicking.
He finally reached the brown wooded door and opened it, they were all here, Fundy, Dream, sapnap, Tommy, Tubbo, Sam, etc, you name them, they were there, he looked at them in shock and slowly moved to the side, letting all of them in, his house was now packed and the sound of silence felt like swords, it was quiet, too quiet for them all, he felt like he was drowning, until he heard the voice of Quackity, " so, .. you guys wanna cuddle? " He said smugly, George snorted and covered his mouth, looking away trying not to let out any sound of his delightful laugh.
Karl and Sapnap tackled Quackity to the ground which had led them to cuddling each other, George wanted to speak but his words were stuck at his throat, he felt like he was drowning at his own cause, Dream noticed and walked up to him, wrapping his arms around him and drawing shapes on his back to calm the stressed out male, George felt his eyes puff up , tears that he hadn't notice were there before seemed more apparent, quiet but audible sobs coming out of his pink and soft lips, he gripped onto Dream as if he was his only life line, the sobs coming out of his mouth becoming louder and louder, finally enough for everyone to hear and join into the hug, Dream caressed George's hair and shushed him quietly.
What felt for hours was actually minutes, it went on till George was drained and passed out from exhaustion, Dream smiled to himself and carefully placing him on the L-Shaped couch.
George's chest rised and fell, he woke up suddenly at 3 am, everyone around him soundly asleep, he sighed and took notice to his surroundings, Dream and Sapnap were besides him holding onto him, Sapnap held onto both quackity and Karl, Quackity being being between the both, Ranboo , Tommy and Tubbo laid besides each other, Tubbos head on Ranboos right shoulder and Tommy's head on Ranboos left shoulder while ranboos head was rolled back laying on the couch, niki, fundy and eret sat with each other sharing a blanket on floor, Sam and puffy carefully sleeping next to Tubbo and Tommy, of course they were their parents so it was easy to know why, he slowly slid away from Dream and Sapnaps grip being careful to wake anyone up, he slowly walked to his room, starting to clean up and slowly placing everything he needed for the funeral today on his dark brown wooden desk.
He grabbed his towel and rubbed his eyes, dark circles appearing under his fair skin from the lack of sleep, he locked the bathroom door and put his clothes carefully on the sinks counter as well as the towel, he carefully took off his clothes, noticing that his bones were starting to become a bit apparent, he shook his head and walked into the shower, slowly turning the shower handle and letting the water hit his soft skin, it brought back memories to say the least, the ones before that fateful night which Wilbur used to beg George to accompany him, where he used to make George get dressed and go with him to parties, if George knew it would've ended like this he would've gone in a flash, hot tears mixed with the cold water coming from the shower head, he slowly stepped out of the shower, slowly turning off the shower, his cold feet touched the warm ground which sent a shiver up George's spine, he slowly wiped himself and put on his formal clothes which consisted of a black collared shirt and black ripped pants, he slowly grabbed some make up and put it on, unlocking the door while doing so and opening it, he kept putting on makeup but he soon felt large arms wrap around him, he turned around and saw him, he looked into his emerald looking eyes, " goodmorning , Dream. " George said softly before returning to look into the mirror while putting a bit of eye liner on.
" good morning, Georgie. " Dream said, pulling out that god forbidden nickname, slowly kissing George's cheek which tickled at George's skin making him laugh quietly, " you know I missed your laugh, " Dream said softly , almost like a whisper before laying his head on George's shoulder and closing his eyes, " and I missed you, but maybe can you go get ready? " George said softly before letting out a chuckle, Dream smirked and looked at George through the mirror in front of them.
" what do you want to see me naked , Georgie? " Dream said seductively, George tensed up and playfully hit dream on his shoulder, but the tinted pink color across his face was there, and Dream couldn't miss it.
Slowly after George was dressed and ready people got up and started getting ready, no one had talked to Wilburs ' family ' , they had maybe only talked once because of Wilburs funeral but no updates were ever given by them , George sighed at the thought of this being the last time of him seeing his best friend, he sucked in his breath and grabbed some pans, starting to make breakfast .
" Ranboo, would you mind setting up the table? Tubbo and Tommy would you mind helping? " George said sweetly being more than careful with his words, the minors nodded and started setting up while puffy and Sam took over and gave George a break, he shrugged his shoulders and sat in the chair at the end of the table.
It was time, it was time to go to the funeral and pray that what he wrote got to everyone who had hurt and led Wilbur to this, he got into Dreams car, he may be the oldest amongst them but he was terrified of driving, mostly because of the way the roads worked in England, he held on tight to the small piece of paper he had, anger and sadness built up in him once they were closer and closer to the place, Dream gripped onto George's hand and gave him a reassuring nod.
They all got out the car, techno and Phil waited at the entrance, George denied eye contact and walked in, practically speed walking , he was desperate, desperate for closure .
He stared at Wilburs now white face, the color and energy from his face had been drained out, which was probably what made George's heart break into pieces, he caressed Wilburs cold cheek just like Wilbur had to him that one night, tears fell down his face onto Wilburs lifeless body, he fell onto his knees and gripped onto the brown colored casket, Tommy was beside him as well as niki trying to comfort him.
It felt like hours of speeches, George sat there as Wilburs legacy was read out, a few Hamilton references pulled in his legacy because of the love for the musical, some people cracking up and others crying from the remembrance of Wilbur.
And then, it was George's turn, he stood up and walked to the small podium, he reached into his pocket which was sowed onto his black jeans, he took a heavy breather before opening the paper and looking straight Phil and techno, then back at his paper.
" Wilbur was like my brother and I loved him more than life itself, he was my escape, he was my comfort space, he was my home, and now my home has been ripped away from me because of some shitty people and pills, I want to forgive, but it's hard when shit keeps happening — and never being fixed, specially by the people who cause it always let loose. " George started off his speech and stared deep onto philza and techno, he stuttered but his words never missed.
" it has been done before, the hurt of a boy who was supposed to be taken care by, by someone who he had believed to be his home, his family, but in the end his trust was betrayed, I'm not here to scream my lungs out in pure hatred, I just want an answer and to explain,— " he said softly before taking a breath and starting again.
" monsters may not be under your bed or in your closet but instead in your everyday life, praying at you as nice people, Wilbur didn't deserve this, no one does, no one deserves to be abused and manipulated , he was stressed and no one cared, I wish I could've helped, I really do, but what's happened has happened, and I just want to ask you something philza and technoblade. " George said, now holding a glare at Wilburs older brother and father.
" do you regret it? Do you miss him? Are you really sorry? " he said sternly, his British accent mocking Wilburs.
He inhaled and exhaled before turning at Wilburs corpse and walked down the podium, he sat beside Dream and Tommy, and like that, it was over, they had buried Wilbur and that was the last time George would see his best friend, his comforting face was now a mere memory, the only traces left of his face were vivid memories and small pictures, He had closure. He said what he wanted to say and let go of him, Yet his heart screamed out , his heart screamed to knock so,e sense into philza and knock the answers out of his rigid body, he cried furiously as hot tears pooled from his eyes, he wasn't the only one crying, everyone else was, but everyone was crying in remorse, pain, and sadness, he cried in anger and frustration, can Wilbur see him? Can he feel his heart? Is he proud? Is he happy? And that's all that ran through George's mind, he was snapped out of his thoughts as the cold rain hit them all, it was soft and he stared as the dark grey clouds piled up above him, he smiled, the comfortable silence pooling in , he closed his eyes and cried, the sound of silence was nice, he felt safe, almost at home, who knew he could find comfort in the silence.
⌎⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⇲⊰⌏
Word count: 2,065