Chapter 14 ➶ would you be so kind to forgive me? ➶

3rd person POV
Tw; contains descriptions of death, body finding, and angst.
[ song : dear Sarah by awfultune and when I was your man by Bruno Mars ]
➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
Days passed, weeks passed, but it all felt the same, the same routine, it felt like time was pointless, it didn't matter anymore, he didn't care about what he did, he had already accepted the fact Wilbur was gone, but why was it so hard to let go, to let him go.
George woke up in a warm bed, his body still shaken up by last months event, walking into that funeral home on the day of his best friends burial and screaming his whole speech at someone special, not letting his own gaze leave the man which was once Wilburs father.
George groaned and placed his arm over his eyes, a man next to him moved slightly which caused him to fall over, George looked over the edge and laughed at the younger male, Dream wasn't too amused and pulled George down with him making the older stay on top of him, now Dream was the one laughing as he saw George roll his eyes jokingly then letting out a soft laugh.
George got off Dream and offered a hand as a way to help the taller male, Dream gladly took it and got up, almost pulling George down, the two had been living together since the day of the burial, It's not like Dream didn't trust George not to be alone he just felt like the best way to take care and form a great bond with George would be by living with him, and surprisingly George accepted , maybe it was because deep inside he knew that he needed some help after that fateful day.
George was in the kitchen making eggs and waiting for Dream to come out of the bathroom so they could eat, he sighed and looked up.
George screamed his lungs out trying to do his best to return his best friend, he knew nothing would work but he tried, holding his face and caressing his cheeks, he let tears drop from his heterochromic eyes, he held Wilburs face and put their foreheads together slurring out soft apologies , as if he was at fault, blood spilled from the olders mouth causing it to stain George's clothes but he could care less, he couldn't believe it, his best friend, his home, his family, was forever gone.
An arm wrapped around George's waist snapping him out of his thoughts, George looked behind him and saw Dreams eyes looking right back at him, he laughed as Dream placed kisses all over his face, he turned off the stove and finally gave a soft kiss to dream before they both laughed at nothing.
" so, what do you wanna do today? " Dream asked George as he stuffed his face with the eggs his boyfriend had made, George made a face as if he was thinking and went back to washing the dishes , " I was thinking about visiting Wilburs grave. " George said softly while cleaning the dishes he had gotten dirty while cooking for his lover, Dream dropped his fork and looked up at George , " are you sure George? You have never really visited his grave. " Dream said carefully as if George would break if he said the wrong words, and truth be told he probably would've. " yes I'm sure , Dreamie, I just need closure and I need to let out my remorse. " George said simply then turning off the water faucet which was running, Dream sighed and went back to eating his eggs as he nodded, George smiled and walked to the bathroom getting ready to go to the cemetery.
He slipped on a grey coat which was paired up with a white collared shirt with grid patterns, black ripped jeans and black leather boots, he swiftly grabbed a ring and put it on his middle finger then grabbing the keys to Dreams car and exiting the bedroom, George looked at the younger male whom had been waiting for him to leave the bedroom so they could be on their way.
George handed Dream the keys and they started leaving, grabbing a water bottle since the drive was pretty long, George sat in the passenger seat and closed his door in sync with Dream whom had gotten in the drivers seat, Dream swiped through apps until he found the ' google maps ' app. He clicked on it and put the address he had been given by his friends who had previously been there before them, Dream started the engine and pulled out of the driveway of the 1 floor home, George looked out the window, the soft sounds of the motor running were the only sounds left in the car, George and Dream sat in comfortable silence as the long car ride went on, George got sick of the silence and grabbed his phone, plugging it softly to the aux and playing his playlist from Spotify, and of course the first song that would come up was jealous by eyedress, George leaned back on the seat as he quietly sang along to the song, Dream smiled and put one of this hands on George's thighs and the other holding the steering wheel.
They had arrived to the place which almost looked abandoned, George shivered at the slightest look of the place, Wilbur didn't deserved to be hurried here, his place to rest should've been beautiful and peaceful, instead it was in a raggedy place which no one even visited it often.
They walked through the graves which had been rotting to death, George looked at all the names engraved then saw a specific one, ' Wilbur soot ', George took a deep breath then put down a lily next to his gravestone.
" hey George, do you have a favorite flower? " Wilbur said teasingly as him and George sat on Wilburs roof at 3 am while looking at the stars, George laughed and turned to the other British man, " where is this coming from? " George said before laughing a bit, " I don't know, I just wanna know for your wedding, I'm gonna get you your favorite flowers and laugh because you'd think I forgot. " Wilbur said proudly and confidently , he twisted his gaze going from the stars to meeting George's eyes, he received a playful punch before actually answering the elders question, " dandelions, those white ones you pick off the ground and blow on, just because I love blowing on them. " George said before smiling at his best friend, he received a punch on the arm back as a joke , " That is so childish! But okay whatever, I'll get them for your wedding. " Wilbur said grinning, George could tell he was joking, " What are yours? " George said while rolling his eyes in his defense, " Lily's, they're really pretty and remind me of the clouds. " Wilbur said plainly before looking back up at the stars. "
And here George was, standing at Wilburs grave with a lily, neither of them will be at each other's wedding, Wilbur didn't have to worry about forgetting or not getting George's flower for his wedding anymore.
George sighed and sat down in front of the gravestone, the remorse filled him up Inside as if it would eat him whole if he didn't do this, the name Wilbur soot taunted him, it felt like he was being laughed at beyond the grave.
" hey wilby, " George said softly, laughing at the old nickname the mans younger brother had given him when they were just kids.
" I'm sorry, okay? I'm really fucking sorry, please, if I could have done anything to have you here I would've done it, please, please, forgive me, I'm so sorry, I'll never forget you, I'll always be here. " George said as tears rushed down his face, " I'll always be here , I'll talk to you and tell you about how Tommy is doing or niki, I'll be there for them, I'll be there so you can rest easy, I'll keep them safe, I'll do anything, I'm so sorry ,wilby. " George said as he begged for forgiveness for something he couldn't stop, something he knew he couldn't stop, yet he was here, begging for a dead mans forgiveness.
" i remember the day I found you in the bathroom, and you just wanted me to sing to you and at the time it was so stupid and worthless but to you it meant everything and I don't know why, please , please make me understand, I loved you, and cared for you, you were like my brother, you were my home , my family, and I'm so sorry you had to go this way. " George said in between sobs, he got on his knees and put his hands on his eyes in effort to stop the tears but it did no good, they still rushed in.
" I'll be here everyday, it doesn't matter the day or time, I'll be here, just like I should've been for you, and I'm so fucking sorry, I will sing to you, I'll play your guitar, I'll do anything for your forgiveness— look I even brought Lily's, your favorite— " George said before full on breaking down on Wilburs grave, Dream walked over to him and rubbed circles on his back, trying to comfort him.
" they're your favorite because they remind you of clouds right? That's so stupid... " George said softly before chucking, " kind of ironic isn't it, because you're in the clouds now, god this is so stupid, asking for a dead mans forgiveness, you're probably laughing at me right now huh? " George said while bitting his lip in effort to stop the tears.
" I miss you, I always will Wilbur, But, would you be so kind and forgive me? " George said, he got up and wiped his eyes and nose, letting go of the rest of the Lily's by Wilburs gravestone , he took Dreams arm and waved goodbye to the rotting grave, he felt complete, he was finally over it, he felt forgiven, he felt welcome, he felt safe, he felt at.. at home.
➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶
Word count; 1,687