Heart of Stone and Fire

Prompt: Viren decides to ignore Soren's refusal to being given power, Enya could only watch in horror

Setting: Heart of Cinder episode to The Final Battle episode

---

"You dare refuse this?" Viren snarls at Soren as he takes a step back in alarm. "I'm giving you a chance to become better, and you dare refuse it and embarrass me in front of all these soldiers?"

"I don't want to be better, or your version of better!" Soren snaps as he takes another step back before his father suddenly lunges forward to grab his wrist and yanks him forward. "Hey!"

"You will do as you are told!" Viren orders as he shoves him onto his knees. "You have embarrassed me enough!"

"King Viren, if he is unwilling, I will accept this power." Soren hears Kasef say.

"Don't accept it, he'll ruin you!" The teen yells before he feels his father's staff touch the back of his head. "Dad stop! Please, I don't want this!"

"Silence! You will both become the most powerful soldiers of this army, and you will accept it! Prince Kasef, hold him down!" Viren snarls before he begins to chant.

Soren felt Kasef's knee on his back to pin him down and his hand on the back of his head to keep it from moving. He could still see the crowd of soldiers at the base of the hill as purple light began to swarm them both. He hears faint yelling and could see a lone figure trying to race to the front of the crowd, and his heart nearly stops when he realizes it's Enya. Someone is stopping her from running forward as she's screaming his name and reaching out for him.

Please run, please just go. He silently begs her as he gives out a scream of pain as he feels a surge of heat course through his body. His hands are growing and becoming more like claws, the pale skin now turning dark and having a more rocky texture. Kasef is no longer pinning him down, he could hear the prince screaming in pain as he is transforming as well. Soren raises his head and locks eyes with Enya. Please go, please before you expose yourself!

"RUN!" He manages to scream, hoping she understood what he was telling her before he lets out a scream that doesn't even sound human. His body is growing, his clothes are ripping as more of his skin hardens and his thoughts are becoming more violent. Kill, kill, destroy, destroy everything!

Soren gives a sudden loud roar as he jumps to his feet, now fully transformed. He knew nothing, nothing but his one duty: kill anything that crossed his path.

---

"Okay, how about you try explaining what happened, take your time." Callum says as he hands Enya a cup of something warm and steaming.

"Like from when we returned to Katolis or what happened after Viren and the other armies departed?" She asks in a hoarse voice as she accepts the cup and takes a small sip from it.

"How about what happened before you escaped?" Ezran suggested. "What happened to Soren? I thought he'd be with you."

"What are you talking about?" Rayla asks with a frown. "Isn't he on Viren's side with Claudia?"

"He's on our side, he freed Ezran from jail, messaged Lujanne to help us, and got me and a few others out of the kingdom the night before Viren and the armies started their march." Enya explains. "A few nights ago after entering Xadia, Viren had left on his own to the Sunfire elf kingdom and didn't come back until nightfall. When he came back, he had this big creepy bug thing around his shoulder and was carrying this big fancy staff that must have belonged to the Sunfire elves."