Chapter 5 - The Bat Signal

Azara pov

"Well, I presume this is our portal," I raise my eyebrow in the direction of the god, "or just a fancy Bat Signal?"

"Bat Signal?" Loki questions.

"Like, from Batman and Robin from the DC Com- you know what, forget I said anything," I huff as I see Tony Stark land on Stark Tower.

"You should, uh, probably go down there and do your thing," I say to him. He sighs and gives me a smile which tells me not to worry.

"When this is over, we will know no opposition. Your father's abilities shall not hide behind the walls of a German terrorist organisation, you shall not be forced to cower in the shadows of the Avengers and we shall find your mother," He steps in the direction of the billionaire and gives me one final nod, "see you soon, Azara Alarie, daughter of the shadows. Fight well."

I see Tony looking towards the direction of Loki and enters the living room I'd not so recently trespassed in. He doesn't see me due to the angle and placement in which I'm stood.

Now, my job: kill the Avengers.

Tony's pov

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," The god enters and walks in my direction, glowing walking stick in hand.

"Actually, I'm planning to threaten you," I state, walking along in the direction of the bar, debating whether to also say "I have the high ground" due to the slight elevation of my position in comparison to him but ultimately decide against it after assuming the fact that he hasn't had much time for pop culture and movies - even if it is Star Wars - while he was scheming.

"You should've left your armour on for that," He states cockily.

"Yeah well, it's seen a bit of mileage and you've got the glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" I ask, pouring myself a whiskey.

"Stalling us won't change anything."

"No, no: threatening. I'm threatening you and- you said 'us'. Can you clarify who 'us' is, by the way?"

"Oh, you know her. You met her! And you let her get away. So, who is going to stop the daughter of the shadows? Who is going to stop the Chitauri? You? No, no. Not you because you will be too busy fighting you friends. What's your barbershop quartet called again? The Revenger?" He stalks towards me as I subtly slip two wrist bands on.

"You sure you don't want that drink?" I ask before approaching him as well. "And it's the Avengers. We avenge the planet. 'Earth's mightiest hero's' kinda thing."

"Yes, I've met them," The god scoffs.

"It takes us a while to get any traction. I'll give you that one. But, uh, let's do a head count here: your brother, the demigod; a super soldier, a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins and you, big fella, you've managed to piss of every single one of them."

"That was the plan."

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you."