Chapter 11 - Roadkill, December, Red, Sword

Azara's pov

After some slightly awkward reintroductions, Stark asks the all important question.

"So kid, where were you?"

I'm not even sure if they really know who I am, so I start from the beginning.

"So, uh, I'm Azara Alarie, daughter of the Greek goddess of the shadows, Azra." This gets Thor's attention.

"Greeks? How are there Greek gods?"

"Well, that's something I don't know but I'm assuming it's much like you, just that the Olympians don't bring their problems to Earth."

My subtle dig doesn't go unnoticed and he sits back in his chair without another word but has a slightly disgruntled expression.

"He's adopted." I hear him mumble, which makes me roll my eyes.

"Anyways, I was taken by HYDRA after about a year of living in London and, uh... I don't really remember anything from HYDRA." I look down at my lap and a silence falls upon the room.

"Then Sokovia happened and you guys took me, imprisoned me and I then lived out near Brooklyn bridge for a bit."

No one says anything but I can feel people wanting to ask questions.

"The the battle of Sokovia happened-"

"How did you get there?" Stark interrupts with a valid question.

"I'm not sure: I went to just go the a 7Eleven and instead of getting a can of Coke and and family bag of Takis but instead I got shot. Not my ideal thanksgiving but ya know..." I shrug.

"And then I found Wanda-"

"We know each other from HYDRA." She quickly adds.

We look at each other and share a solemn look. While I was being brainwashed into my father's puppet, Wanda, like me at times, was being tested and tortured with the mind stone. We know each other's worst moments and we share each other's pain.

"Yeah... I, uh, if I'm being honest, I thought I still had my Vibranium chest plate on when I took the bullet but the rewind button wasn't exactly an option and hindsight's a bitch so que sera sera. Next thing I know, I'm having a friendly chinwag with my mum and..."

After many questions and having to go over things multiple times, people start to understand.

Again, we fall into a thoughtful silence until Steve cautiously breaks it.

"So... what now? For you?"

"I'm not sure, maybe... I don't know." I look down with a defeated look. I had no life nor anything to live for.

"You could join the Avengers?" Tony offers.

I scoff at what I though was a joke, "yeah, I can definitely see Mr Pirate hiring an ex-HYDRA super soldier who also sided with Loki in New York and has a kill count that they can't even remember. I don't sound like the best catch, do I?" I joke.

"I was being serious, kid. I used made my fortune making nukes, Bruce's anger management issues speak for themselves and Natasha was a... where is Natasha?"