Since then

«Present day»

"And that's the last of it all, ever since.. I've had no texts, no calls no nothing" my voice low thinking back to all our memories.

Currently I'm sat in my apartment with my roommate Olivia, I met her at the local coffee shop one day after uni.

-That day me and Louis hadn't talked for 2 months, after he got into a boy band with 4 other boys it's like he had no time to talk, I had messaged him but very rarely I got a reply. I understand he was busy but surely not 24/7-

I remember that day like it was yesterday..

"You look really lonely right now, are you okay?" I turned my head to see a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes staring back at me, she was wearing a waitress apron.. so I'm assuming she was a worker, I give a small nod and smile. "Yeah..Yeah I'm okay".

"Absolute B.S, I may be dumb but I can tell when someone's upset" I look at her and I furrow my brows..

"You're also kinda.. a stranger?" I look at her and curl my lips in giving a small smile, she nods back like she's agreeing but there's something about how straight forwards she was that intrigued me.

"I've seen you plenty of times here, I almost know your order off by heart to be honest.. I'm Olivia" I look at her with raised eyebrows and hesitate for a moment. "I'm.. er..Keira" I gave her a small nod in return.

And ever since that day we have been best friends. We got through a lot since that time too, she left her waitress job and now she's a model for this expensive clothing brand, I'm not too sure on the name, it's definitely not my style of clothes but she gets to keep a lot of the clothes she models so props to her.

I'm currently out of uni and working as an assistant interior designer. It's definitely fun don't get me wrong but I've never been one to have everything perfect, I mean my bedroom just shows that, clothes everywhere. I've always wanted to fall into the career path of a model, after seeing what Olivia gets from it, and her wages too.

The only problem is that I'll never be pretty enough to enrol in that industry. You see models that are absolutely stunning and so 'naturally' pretty and you can't help but compare yourself.

Anyway back to the conversation, Olivia and I were going through our high school memories. We both kept boxes and obviously there's so many photos of me and Louis. He was my best friend after all, now he's a.. stranger?

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory"

The memory of my brother saying that is engraved in my memory, I've never really understood the real meaning until Louis left. The years we spent together, every late night call or hang out. It's finally hitting me, it's all gone...

I am incredibly proud of him, I always have been ever since he auditioned. It had been his dream forever almost and if I was the one to hold that back, I'd never forgive myself. Look at him now, he's in one of the most successful boy bands there is, I cant go anywhere without hearing or seeing anything "one direction" an-

"Earth to Keira... helloo?" I snap out of my thoughts and look towards Olivia.. "I- I miss him" I look down and my voice is low, she is quick to pull me into her, wrapping her arms around me. "I know you do, it's hard to get through this sort of stuff especially how long you guys spent together. I bet he misses you just as much" she whispers under her breath almost like she's not wanting it to be heard.

I wish he missed me, maybe he does. It's just been so long and after all the girls he's met I'm probably just a blur from the past.

"You have his number still right?" She looks at me her eyes glowing almost, I look at her then back to my lap. "Yeah.. I do but he, he's probably changed it" she picks my phone up and passed it to me.

I look at her and furrow my brows "So try then.. you're not gonna know until you do" I almost laugh at her, I couldn't just call him out of no where. "I can't just pop up from no where Liv..." she looks at me and smirks. "What..?"

"If you don't, then I will.. simple as that" she challenges me. "You wouldn't dare.. Olivia!" I said sternly so she knows I'm serious. "Oh I dare..Keira" she copies my tone.

Before I know it my phone is in her hands and she's scrolling through the contacts, as soon as she's on the "L" she holds it up, "So who's doing it, you.. or me?" I roll my eyes knowing if she does it, she'll say something so dumb.. I suck in a sharp breath "I will" I look to my lap then grasp my phone.

Here goes nothing I guess, I decide on a text. My excuse was that he might be busy so he can't answer a call.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lou❤️

Hey Louis, it's been a while.
Need to catch up soon! x
Delivered

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"There you go, happy now Liv?" I look at her and roll my eyes, I know he won't reply, he is really busy I understand.
-I don't think I ever will understand being honest-

"I'm more than happy, anyway I have to get ready for work" she scrunches her face up at 'work' and I let out a soft giggle, "have fun lovely, I'm going to have a movie night" I smile at the thought, "such a saddo you" she gives me a nudge and I scowl at her.