Chapter 1 - The stage is set

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" the screams were the only thing heard by the small five year old pinkette. She was covered in blood standing in front of her parents who were being tortured in front of her. A hand landed on the pinkette's shoulder and a deep voice said "no need to worry Sakura. Your parents are the bad guys. I'll look after you for now on" the man said. He then took Sakura's hand and started walking out with her. "NO STOP. DON'T YOU DAR TOUCH MY DAUGHTER YOU MANIAC" yelled her father. They both turned and the man smirked. The next thing Sakura saw was her parents heads lying on the floor and their bodies still tied up on the chairs.

18 years later... Monday 18th March 2021

It was his usual day in the office, he walked over to his desk and started working, "YO Sasuke, how ya doin'" said his bestfriend Naruto in an unnecessary loud voice. "Uggghh shut it dobe, I'm not in the mood for your loud mouth right now" complained Sasuke banging his head against the desk. "I'm guessing the break up with Karin last night didn't go down too well?" pouted Naruto a little annoyed from his friends comment. "This is why I broke up with her, she always thought of what she wanted from me and not what I wanted from her, it was always me me me me me me. I don't like this, I don't like that, I want this, I want that. Don't even get me started with the sex, I'm pretty sure that's why she dated me in the first place. Honestly she was a crazy bitch" muttered Sasuke leaning back against his chair. "May I remind you to not use that sort of language in the work place Sasuke. People do come into the station to report something you know" stated Kakashi peering round the corner.

"Sorry sir" apologised Sasuke. "No worries, I've had my fair share of break ups as well anyway. Here I have a new case for you. Some illegal smuggling going around, there are only a few suspects and not much evidence so your basically starting from scratch. Naruto help him, your gonna need two brains for this" said Kakashi handing Sasuke the file. "We'll get right on it sir. I've just about wrapped up a couple of cases anyway" stated Naruto looking over Sasuke's shoulder peering at the file. "Great thanks guys. Good Luck" thanked Kakashi walking back into his office.

"Wait a minute, did he just wish us luck? He never does that" exclaimed Sasuke looking at his boss with suspicion. "Yep, bet you this was his case but realized the amount of effort he had to put in. Honestly he's a good detective but so lazy at times". stated Naruto shrugging his shoulders. "True but he did save Hinata, it was just recently that those two showed up" argued Sasuke sounding not too sure of himself.

=

Later Naruto and Sasuke were in a investigation room with photos and maps up everywhere. "Alright so far all we know is this..

Deidara and Sasori were charged with harassment for two women and in possession of illegal use of guns and drugs. Not long after they were released, Hinata came to report the two attempting to kidnap her. That's when they disappeared. Now they've been seen again wondering the city and going to a night club quite often. Lets see what their up to, I believe there are more involved. Just two people can't pull of kidnapping and smuggling guns and drugs" stated Sasuke looking over reports. "How is Hinata by the way?" he then asked Naruto

"Huh? Oh she's doing great, she managed to get back on her feet and is nearly done studying her degree as well" Naruto answered cheerfully. "So? Have you asked her out yet?" Sasuke went on to ask still looking at the reports. Naruto blushed heavily, "wha...what...are you...talking about teme.how...did you?... when did...? Huhhhhhhhhh?". Sasuke chuckled at Naruto's response. "Come one, the two of you are obvious, just ask her if she wants to get some coffee it doesn't need to be anything fancy. Honestly I can't see you doing anything fancy anyway and she doesn't seem to be the type of girl who likes all the fancy stuff" explained Sasuke finally looking at the deeply blushing Naruto.