VI. He's The Ken To Her Barbie

I'm extremely proud of myself because I updated 2 days ago! I believe thats a start! Unfortunately, I cannot update every single day, but I'll try to do it as often as possible. I'm almost at 500 reads and even though that may not seem like a lot, its a big accomplishment for me in a matter of a couple weeks and its halfway towards quadruplet digits which is a pretty damn big deal for me. *Squeals*

Our "Barbie Ken" is being introduced into this chapter known as Daniel Stevens, but being played by Chris Zylka.

Btw, this quote that I'm using for this chapter was just so true and honest, that I just HAD to use it even though its not too related to this chapter, but what the hell..!

Enjoy :)

___________________________________

"...... You don't have

to be perfect to

be pretty....."

VI. He's The Ken To Her Barbie

Ram Mohan once said, "Two people of similar nature can never get along, it takes two opposites to harmonize." People always said that opposites attract. If you were too alike to someone, it would only cause conflict. Yet, if opposites always attract why are there always fights over our differences? If opposites attract why are they too different for things to work? I feel like the person who made that up was someone really alienated, unsociable, and just plain unattractive. I mean like, that person probably just went up to a random guy and said, "Opposites attract. I'm ugly. You're cute. Lets date."

I mean if that were really true that opposites attract, then I should be looking for someone who likes waking up early and eats nutella.

Then humanity tried to persuade our minds even more about this "speculation" by adding it to math and science and our non existent love lives.

Cruel, huh?

So, the purpose of this whole opposites attract babbling is because i have a theory. My theory states that if opposites attract, then vegetarians eat meat, Humans wake up at night and go to bed in the morning, and I'd be a barbie while Heather and her minions will be little nobodies, stuck under a head full of blonde roots that link them to a bunch of stereotypes.

Confusing, eh?

So, in conclusion, opposites don't attract and i have evidence to prove it. Exhibit A:

We were introduced to Barbie in 1959 by Ruth Handler. Proving the female population's subordinate Independence and vulnerability towards males, 2 years later, we were introduced to "Ken doll" by Mattel company. Ken portrayed expectations of women in the mid 1900s. It was said to be necessary to create a ken doll because, and I quote, "women were considered failures without male companionship."

Now that leads to Exhibit B:

Daniel Stevens.

Daniel Stevens represented the human form of Ken. Him and Heather were practically "one". They had the same shade of blonde hair, the same shade of blue eyes, and were both considered Holier than every other walking being on this earth. They were your "perfect couple" to everyone. And thats exactly where "Barbie" and "Ken" come back into this equation. All propaganda consisting of Barbie and Ken portrayed them as a stereotypical teenage couple.

In other terms, He's the ken to her Barbie.

Which leads to Exhibit C:

Daniels Stevens and Heather Rose.

Daniel and Heather. D,H. In my mind that stood for defying hate, but in their minds, Hatred comes from imperfection. That's where their strive for perfection plays. Perfection can only be achieved by those who are willing to fail and realize "perfection is ignorance."