XXVI. Barbie Confession #3 - Part 2

I believe that I have one more chapter left! I'm still deciding on whether it's one more chapter left or two.

This book is closely coming to an end & I hope you guys liked it. It's my first book & I know it's not the best. I'll only improve over time.

So keep voting this book for the Wattys on twitter & Enjoy this chapter!

____________________________
"You might be
Looking for reasons,
But there are no
Reasons"
XXVI. Barbie Confession #3 - Part 2

The last bell of the day rang and I released the breathe I was holding. I sprung out of my seat and darted for the door. I felt so suffocated in that classroom with all the stares and whispers.

"Omg, is that the girl with the dead friend?"

"What if Heather actually killed her and framed it as a suicide?"

"Who was Alexandra?"

"Is she dead?"

All the whispers were giving me a headache. I couldn't stand a minute being in this school without wanting to break down and cry.

It's something I've been doing a lot lately.

The plus side was that I was passing my classes, so now I was eligible for graduation. Which meant that I was close to getting the hell out of this school.

Even though I declared that I'd move on from all of this and live in denial, I still feel this heavy burden on my chest.

Like i need to know something.

Or admit something.

I think I know what I need to do.

After placing all my unnecessary items in my locker, I grab my keys and head for my car parked in the school parking lot. I make my way over, of course with people staring, and get inside. I put the car in reverse and reverse out of the school as I continue driving until I reach the much needed destination. I drove into the cemetery and parked my car.

I inhaled and exhaled slowly as my fingers gripped the steering wheel. It was time that I did this and stopped being afraid.

I get out of the car and slam my door shut. There were people already here placing flowers for their beloved ones that unfortunately left them in their life. I keep walking until I reach the spot that's been calling my name for awhile. I stopped and took a big breathe as I stood in front of it.

Alexandra Malia Carson. 1998-2014. Rest in peace.

A tear escaped my eye, but i quickly wiped it away. I crouched down and cleared the dirt off her gravestone. It was hard to be here, but I know that I needed to be here. The last time I was here was almost a year ago.

It took almost a year for me to realize that I couldn't be scared anymore.

I sat down in the grass and stared at it for awhile. Being here and actually reading it makes me realize that it's going to be hard trying to live in denial. Its going to be hard to pretend that Alexandra isn't dead because the words were right in front of me now. I cried into my hands as I cupped my face, so people wouldn't see me cry.

10 minutes straight.

I cried for 10 minutes straight, non stop.

Suddenly, I felt a presence near me. I looked up and I was shocked to see who I saw.

Heather.

She was looking down on me with pure sympathy and grief in her eyes. I didn't even have the energy to curse her out, so instead I looked back down at the gravestone and stared at it with eyes that were void of any emotion.