1 - A citizen

Izuku Midoriya was always tired.

Tired of waking up, tired of having to listen to nonsensical jabs, tired of everything really.

He was far smarter, faster, and overall a better person then anyone he's ever met by this point in his short life, and yet...

And yet...

"Why don't you take a swan dive off the roof and hope for a quirk in your next life!"

He was oh so tired.

He wasn't quite sure when the misunderstanding began. He wasn't brave, nor was he tough, he just wanted to live a normal adult life. He didn't care for the hero profession, so why did everyone thing he was so obsessed? Even his so called childhood friend couldn't differentiate what he really wanted from what others said.

As Izuku walked home, looking through his soaking wet 'Plans for the future' notebook, he heard the sound of metal wheeling across the ground, soon being consumed in discomfort and slime. He couldn't even breathe. It was unfortunate that the suffocating feeling was normal to him, what after being nearly choked to death on several afternoons.

Soon though, Mr. #1, all might, saved the day, and with a quick twist of a bottle cap he flew away, signing his ghastly signature across some pages of his notebook... not a hint of concern other then a nod. Was this what heros did for a living?

Maybe that's where he started to resent, rather then ignore.

———

He stared blankly at the man before him, the very same man who turned away without a word. Izuku tightened his fists and let a stiff smile overtake his usual blank face.

"... I'm unsure whether to be amused or upset." But as if the hero didn't hear a word, he continued onwards, talking of his heroic actions, to move without thinking.

Move... Without thinking?

A phrase Izuku wasn't fond of, Izuku was constantly thinking, that's how he could compensate for what he lacked. In fact the only time he didn't think was when he slept and even then his dreams were crowded with plans and ideas.

Without thinking- he zoned back into the conversation, all might's small slinky frame not a surprise to the teen.

"Let us meet tomorrow to start your training!" When did he agree to this? He hadn't said a single thing!

———

Izuku ended up showing anyway, curiously enough, he needed to start building his body up anyway. Sure his smarts could take him far, but the UA business course still needed a few practical points.

What he was met with was hell to his arms. Sure he was an expert in the art of running and dodging, so much so that he reflexively did so, but he had no use other the writing and planning for his hands.

So when he was forced to start tugging along a 50 ton fridge he almost passed out- why the HELL would you sit on it Cant you see him struggling!

He heaved his last ho and collapsed to the ground, all might explaining how they would do this every day until the UA entrance exams, his soul nearly left his body.