002

"Channie hyung, what rhymes with the word 'swag'?" Changbin asked. The older boy sat up and thought about it for a second.

"SHREK!" Jisung screeched from the living room.

"Okay, Shrek it is." Changbin snapped his fingers before going back to his work. "Jisung's a genius."

"Yeah, I know." Jisung stood at the doorway of Changbin and Chan's shared room, clad in only gray sweatpants. He had a roll of bread stuffed into his mouth, and his blonde hair was sticking out in all directions.

"Yeah, a real genius," Changbin mumbled. Chan snickered and Jisung shook his head in disappointment.

"Hey, hey, hey. I may look like this right now, but I'm smart. Okay?" He protested with a huff. Chan looked up from his phone.

"Oi. No fighting." The oldest boy gave the younger two a warning look. Changbin retreated to his work, and Jisung sat down next to Chan on his bed.

"So, what are you gonna do about the dance department?" Changbin asked. The blonde boy sighed, spilling a few bread crumbs. No one noticed Chan panic and run into the kitchen to clean up the mess.

"I promised Felix to try and find two people but you know how I feel about dancers." Jisung leaned on his knee with his elbow, resting his head on his palm. "And it's not even their fault." He sighed.

"If you feel that uncomfortable with the dance department, then you don't need to force yourself to go. Your friend will understand. I'm sure he can find other people." Changbin said.

Jisung nodded slowly. "But I'm already sorry for not being able to fill in."

"Listen man. Whether you try to find two backup dancers for the ensemble or not, it's up to you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable in any way but think of this as a chance to make amends. You do want your high school friends back, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Then I say go for it. If you ever feel like you can't do it, let me know and I'll find two dancers for you."

The younger boy smiled weakly at Changbin. "Thanks, hyung."

--

Seungmin POV

"Innie, when I tell you his lips are pretty, they were so fucking pretty I swear to all things holy-"

"Swear." Jeongin pointed a toy gun at my head. I swatted it away with my hand.

"-Is this what love at first sight is like? You know, I didn't believe in love at first sight cliches cause that only happens in movies, but the moment I saw him, I just- Jeongin what do I dooooo?" I asked. He looked at me with an 'Are-You-Seriously-Asking-Me-That-Question' kind of look.

"Ask him out." His tone said 'Duh, what else would you do?'

"I can't do that!" I screeched. My yells echoed throughout the empty auditorium.

"Why the hell not? You're obviously whipped for this mystery man." A voice called out from the red curtains.

"Felix hyung!" Jeongin greeted the older boy with a bright smile. Felix greeted him by ruffling his hair before clapping Seungmin in the back.

"Congrats Minnie, you finally met someone to meet your impossibly high standards." He said with a small laugh.

Seungmin grunted. "They're not impossibly high. I just know what I want." Jeongin rolled his eyes before moving a table backstage, leaving the two older boys on their own.

"Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. Same difference. I bet he's cute, though."

"What about that music production major emo dude you're always drooling over? Did you finally get over him and his arms?" Seungmin quickly changed the topic before Felix could find out who this new 'crush' was.

"Minnie, his arms are so..." Felix didn't finish. Instead, he sighed and looked up at the stage lights dreamily. I chuckled at his love-struck state.

"You're leaking from the mouth," I teased. He snapped out of his small trance and frowned.

"Am not." The freckled boy retaliated. But just to make sure, he swiped the back of his hand across his lips.

I laughed again.

"I'm positive this is love Seungmin. But sadly... I don't think my fondness for him will ever be reciprocated. 'Tis unrequited love." Felix dramatically leaned against a nearby pole and draped an arm over his eyes.

"What is that vocabulary."

He stood up straight again and grinned widely. "I know right, Shakespeare oppar could never."

--

Minho POV

I awkwardly sipped at my coffee, waiting for someone to say something. When our apartment doorbell rang, Jisung was the last person I expected to be on the other side of the door. Especially considering what had happened in high school.

I took this opportunity to take a good look at him. He looked a lot... rougher than before. I could still see his small waist, but did his chest always seem that firm? And when did his shoulders get so broad? A million questions ran through my mind as he ogled the apartment Hyunjin and I shared.

"You guys don't share a dorm?" Jisung asked quietly.

"This was my hyung's apartment complex when he was in college. The landowner had a soft spot for him and offered me a discount when I moved in. Then this," I pointed to Hyunjin, who was sitting next to me. "Little weasel asked if he could live with me for just a year, but that took an unexpected turn."

"I'm not a weasel. I'm a ferret." Hyunjin mumbled.

"I see..." Jisung nodded his head. He set down his cup of coffee and cleared his throat. "I'm just going to get straight to the point."

I gulped nervously. Jisung was the only person who was able to make me feel this way, even after all these years. He was the one who kept me on my toes all the time.

"My friend is a musical theater major and they're currently short on two ensemble members. BamBam and Yugyeom hyung fell offstage when they had a spinning contest and they both broke something. Could you possibly... fill in for them?"

Hyunjin and I exchanged looks.

"It's just for opening night! The doctor said Yugbam are gonna be okay by the second day and-"

"Sure."

i miss got7 :<