003

Hyunjin POV

"Why the hell did you agree to do that? We're already busy enough as it is. I need my beauty sleep hyung!" I whisper-yelled. Minho shushed me and looked back into the living room, where Jisung was busy staring at a wall.

"It'll be a good experience for us Hyunnie," I cringed at the nickname. After 2+ years of being roommates with him, I've quickly learned that he only used that nickname when he wanted me to do something for him. "Please?"

The gears in my brain quickly began to turn as I weighed out the pros and cons. A million thoughts ran through my head, but one single name put a stop to a tsunami of overthinking.

Kim Seungmin.

"Fine."

Minho hyung pumped a fist into the air. "You won't regret it, besides it'll be a great experience."

"Yeah, I hope so," I mumbled.

I followed Minho hyung back into the living room where Jisung was still staring at the wall. When he saw us come back in, he sat up straight.

"So, did you decide?" He looked at me with hopeful eyes. I nodded, and his face seemed to light up.

"Well, I have a lecture in 15 minutes. If you have any questions or change your mind, call Felix." Jisung picked up his bag and left in a hurry.

Once Jisung left, I sat down on the couch and Minho hyung began to collect the half-empty cups. "Okay, I'm stumped. Why did you want to join? You hate singing."

He set down the cups in the sink with a loud clatter. "Honestly? If someone else had asked, I would've said no. Indefinitely. But I feel like I owe him something. Like there's a debt I still need to repay to him."

I scoffed. "Technically, we're doing his friend a favor, not him." I usually wasn't like this, but deep down inside of me, the way Minho hyung was eager to help Jisung pissed me off.

Minho hyung threw a sponge at me, which I easily escaped. "Did you seriously forget what kind of person Jisung is? He's shy. He doesn't like to talk to strangers. He's only like that to us cause he knew us in high school. If we say no, he would have to ask other people in the dance department. Can you imagine him asking Jun or Yeonjun? Jisung's tiny, and those 6-foot tall ass giants aren't gonna make it any easier for him to approach them. So, in a way, we are doing a favor for him."

I stared at him.

"There. Are my answers to your satisfaction?"

I looked at him with a dazed expression. "Y-yeah, but I... I had no idea your brain was capable of thinking that deeply."

"What degree did I say?"

"20 minutes at 180 degrees in the air fryer," I responded right away. "That's the amount of time it takes to cook Hyunjin in the air fryer."

Minho hyung nodded in satisfaction. "Good."

--

Jisung POV

"Lix? Are you here?" I stepped into the empty auditorium, looking for my best friend. The house lights were on, and the stage was dimly lit. The red curtains weren't fully closed, giving me a peek of the set.

I could hear a small voice singing a soft melody, and I turned around in a full 360, trying to see who it was. I couldn't see anyone, and the singing seemed to stop.

"Felix!" I called out again.

"Are you looking for Yongbok?" A voice asked. I whirled around to see the owner of the mysterious voice, but I still couldn't see anyone. Was it in my head? Was I finally going insane? Felix was right, those pigeons were most definitely robots that would someday brainwash everyo-

"Up here onstage dumbass." I looked up, and to my surprise, I saw a honey-hair-colored boy with a slim figure holding four packs of mics in one hand. In his other hand was a white and blue Pochacco diary. 

"I said, are you looking for Yongbok. Cause if you are, you're a second too late. Felix just left to go somewhere." The boy said.

I nodded and turned around to leave when he called out again.

"Wait!" I looked at him again, and he jumped offstage and started running towards me. "Didn't your parents teach you to greet people? I'm Kim Seungmin and I'm a musical theater major." He shoved his diary under his arm and offered me a hand.

The name rang a bell. Did Felix talk about him before? I timidly reached out and shook his hand. "Han Jisung. Music production major."

"Nice to meet you Jisung. Felix talked about you a few times."

Of course, he did. I thought to myself.

"Any friend of Felix is a friend of mine," Seungmin said innocently, but I cringed inwardly. Those words brought back painful memories I didn't want to remember.

He smiled at me. "Felix is probably sleeping at the library. He said sleep comes best where the books are." The taller boy shook his head with a small laugh. "Anyway, I'm on my way there right now so if you want I could walk you th-"

I shook my head violently, cutting him off. "No, no it's okay. I just needed to tell Felix that I found two dancers, but he won't pick up his phone. Could you deliver that message to him?"

Seungmin beamed. "Sure."

I nodded and thanked him before quickly exiting the building. I hurried down the street and ran straight into someone as I turned a corner.

"Oomf-" I stumbled backward and landed on my ass. Damn it. I adjusted the black beanie on my head and scrambled to my feet.

"Oh fiddlesticks, I'm so sorry." A boy, probably a freshman, with bright fox-like eyes and dimples blurted out his apology loudly. He offered me his hand, and I took it gratefully and pulled myself up.

"It's alright." I quickly dusted myself off.

"A-are you J.One...?" The boy asked. I looked at him with wide eyes. My 3RACHA identity was a secret except for a few people, how could he possibly-

"I-I'm not... Wh-what makes you s-say that?" I asked nervously. I rubbed the back of my neck with my hand, trying to play it off as coolly as possible.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm a huge fan of 3RACHA, and your voice sounded so similar to one of the members, I got confused for a second." He smiled at me.

"It's okay. Wellgeelookatthetimeit'stimetowalkmyfishitwasnicetalkingtoyougottagobye." I glanced down at my wrist, pretending to check the time on my invisible watch, and ran away before the boy could question me any further.

"Oh okay... Bye."

*awkward pause*

"Wait, but fish can't walk." 

wahhh i'm so sorry for being ia (again) i got grounded KJSDKFJ i'm technically still am so idk when my next update will be i'm sorry T^T