Chapter 25: Beach Fun

Katherine POV:

We got home and I helped bring lauren inside because she was still kind of dizzy from the punches. I laid her down on the couch and then I told Lisa to go get the first aid kit because lauren's nose was bleeding, and her lip to. Lisa came back with the first aid kit and I helped lauren sit up.

"I'm gonna clean your cuts so they don't get infected, okay?" I said.

"Okay." She said back, sounding like she's about to pass out. I started by wiping her face off but then that uncovered a cut on her face. Right when I rubbed over it lauren winced, "Sorry but there's a cut on your cheek." I said.

"It's fine, I can take it." She said back.

I grabbed the band aids and put a couple on lauren's cut then I cleaned her nose bleed and her lip. "Okay you are good to go." I said while putting everything back, when she got up she fell and groaned in pain. I rushed over and carried her up to her room and into her bed.

"Now just lay there and sleep, and I will come and get you when dinners done." I said kissing her forehead.

"Okay and thanks for taking care of me." She said.

"No prob, anything for my sister." I told her turning out the lights.

I turned back around before leaving and I saw her smiling at me, so I smiled back. Then I shut the door and went back downstairs to fix dinner since mom wasn't here yet. I was fixing tacos for Amy today since she loves tacos. I got the taco shells and then the rest of the ingredients and started dicing and cutting, then I put the ground beef in the skillet. When the beef was done I put them in the shells and then the rest of the toppings and then put the plate on the table.

"Dinners ready." I called then once everybody got down here, I went upstairs and woke lauren up.

"Come on lauren it's time for dinner." I said then she opened her eyes and sat up then I helped her get up off the bed and walk downstairs. I sat her down on a chair at the end of the table, then mom walked in. She came into the kitchen, and she saw all of us, and smiled but when her eyes landed on lauren, her expression changed from happy to worried. She rushed over to lauren, but I stopped her. "Mom she's fine I cleaned her up." I said. Mom looked back at lauren and then asked what happened.

"I walked out of school, then somebody shoved me over, I got up but then a group of people formed around me and this one kid and then the fight broke out." She said looking down at her lap.

"Are you okay?" Mom asked her.

"I'm fine." lauren said.

"You don't look fine." Mom said again.

"I said i'm fine okay!" lauren said jumping up out of her seat and walking out of the kitchen.

"Mom I said she was fine, she's sore but she's okay." I told mom who had a tear in her eye. We finished all the taco's in no time and then I went upstairs to check on lauren, I walked in her room and saw her sleeping so I just turned out the light and walked back downstairs.

--couple hours later--

I was texting Alex and then somebody rang the doorbell, I got up and answered it, and it was Matty. "Hey Matty come on in." I said. "Where's lauren?" He said worriedly.

"She's upstairs, and she's fine." I said before he took off up the steps.

I went back to texting Alex when he walked through the front door. So I put my phone away and watched the movie that was playing. "Hey guys do you think lauren will handle 6th grade, if she gets bullied, cause I will not be able to watch her come home everyday with a black eye." I said looking at my sisters.

"Like I said before lauren's strong, she can do anything and pull through anything." Christina said sitting up on the couch.

"I hope your right." I said back to her.

I went back to watching the movie with the rest of my sisters when Matty, and lauren came down the steps. "Hey guys me and lauren are going to the beach and were wondering if you guys wanted to come?" Matty asked walking over to us while holding lauren's hand.

"Sure just let me grab my stuff." Me and Christina said at the same time, we looked at each other and started laughing.

"Same here." The rest said.

We all grabbed our things and we all grabbed something to ride and then we rode off down the street towards the beach. I was riding a scooter, Christina, Amy, Lisa, Dani and Lauren were riding there bikes, and the other lauren and Matty were riding there skateboards. lauren looked back at all of us and smiled her big wide smile, something that I haven't seen in awhile.

We got there and picked a spot on the beach where there wasn't that much people. We sat our things down and then ran out into the water. It was freezing cold, and after a while of messing around in the water lauren got out and sat on her towel, and laid down, then we all decided to leave, I had to carry lauren because she fell asleep. But by the time we got home I put lauren in her bed, then I changed and got in my bed and went to asleep.