10 i built a home for you, for me

SIX MONTHS LATER...

It's a spring morning, and Zayn wakes to the sound of heavy rain hitting their bedroom window.

He keeps his eyes closed and smiles at the peaceful sound, relinquishing in the warmth of the duvet. He rolls over, wrapping an arm around his boyfriends waist and pulling him closer.

Louis hums, settling his hands on top of Zayn's. "Hmm. Mornin'," he whispers, voice thick with sleep.

Zayn smiles, kissing his neck from behind. "Morning, my love."

"S'cozy. Can we stay here forever?" Louis asks, rolling over in his home to face him, kissing him on the chin and then tilting his head up further to kiss his lips.

Zayn kisses him back, only to pull back up when there's a soft tap at the door. He leans up on his elbows and turns to look at the door.

"You can come in," he calls out, smiling softly when the door cracks open and Niall shuffles in, pyjamas rumpled and hat tugged on as always.

The five year old rubs at his eyes and shuffles across to the bed, holding his arms up to him.

Chuckling, he scoops the boy up and onto the bed, settling him between himself and Louis, who immediately cuddles the boy close and kisses his cheek.

"Hmm. Mornin' Daddy and Zaynie," Niall yawns, cuddling into his father and smiling tiredly. "S'real rainy ousside. D'you think there's gonna be thunder an' lightnin'?"

Louis chuckles, whilst Zayn shakes his head, leaning down to kiss the boy on the top of the head. "I think it's just some April showers, little guy. No storms, don't worry."

Niall smiles, stretching. "Tha's good then, 'cause I don't fink I like storms much," he says, then yawns, rolling over to burrow closer to his Dad. "Hug me, Daddy."

Louis laughs at the demand, easily obeying, whilst Zayn watches fondly. He meets Louis' eyes over their child's head, smiling at him.

"I'm gonna get Liam and Haz in here. S'not right for them to be missing out if we're having a lazy morning," he says, stretching as he sits up.

Louis grins tiredly. "Hmm. Sounds perfect. Love you," he mumbles, eyes flutter closed.

Zayn smiles, leaning over Niall to kiss his boyfriend on the lips gently before he stands and heads out of the room. "Love you too."

Niall whines, turning his head and pouting up at Zayn. "What 'bout me, Zaynie? You gotta say you love me too."

Chuckling, Zayn kisses Niall's cheek. "I love you so, so, so much."

The five year old beams, eyes crinkling with the giant smile. "I love you all the way around the world and to the moon an' space an' the planet where the giant green people live," he says, before blinking up at him very seriously. "That means a lot."

"Wow," Zayn grins, "that is a lot. But guess what?" He pokes the boy on the end of his button nose.

Niall giggles. "What?"

"I love you even more than that."

The boy smiles, cheeks blushing. "That's so much."

Zayn nods. "Yup. So, so much. The most," he whispers, standing up straight. "Now, I'm gonna go get your brothers. Look after your Dad while I'm gone."

Niall giggles again, rolling over and throwing his arms around Louis again, who chuckles and cuddles him tightly. "I will."

Smiling at the scene, Zayn slowly pads out of the room and down the hall to Liam's bedroom.