Chapter Sixteen

Lori sighed as she bandaged her wound after that scare from before. It wasn't too deep, but she felt like was a sign of more terrible things to come their way. Lori couldn't help herself from thinking that everything went downhill after her brother disappeared. Ugh. The irony of the entire situation only served to make her head hurt. They wanted him to stay away from them so they can gain some good luck to the household. Someone granted their wish, but instead of never ending good luck...it turned to never ending bad luck. 

"I swear if something else happens..." she muttered to herself before stopping. She didn't want to think of more terrible things to occur at some point down the future. It was bad enough that Luan got injured by some kind of supernatural force, but....

Wait, supernatural?

Lori had to hold back a groan from letting the paranormal into her thoughts. Ghosts, vampires, demons and anything else supernatural weren't real. She was never one to believe such things, but she knew that her younger sister did much to the annoyance of the others (minus Lincoln). Surely she was trying to figure out what is plaguing the family through her fictional conversations with their Great Aunt Harriet. 

It was all make believe anyway besides it's not like their family is cursed for something that they've done in the past anyway. Just then a phone call came and Lori rushed over to the hospital. Her personal thoughts on the supernatural can plague her at another time..right now her younger sister needed her. Unaware that Harriet looked at the scene with some contempt and thought:

So she cares more about her sisters than her little brother?

She shook her head as she slowly vanished. What was she expecting? It was clear that everyone in the household (excluding Lincoln and Lily) were just interested in talents, rewards and the possibility of gaining rich and successful careers in the future. Not like that will ever happen now, but still...it was a reminder that this side of the family has fallen greatly. 

Speaking of which, Lori managed to arrive at the hospital in a short amount of time. She rushed in and found her sister sitting in the waiting room. She was looking at the floor and  seemed disconnected from the rest of the world. It was almost like she was in love with Sam or something, but it wasn't the time to ask that question. Right now, she had to comfort her little sister and wait to see her friend. This family was having too much difficulties as of late, but that wouldn't stop her from being her sister's emotional support.

"Sigh....The others better not be doing anything bad behind my back again." Lori said before spotting Luna. She looked pale and had red eyes which was a sign that she had been crying. 

"Lori!" Luna exclaimed before she ran up to her older sister. As she told her about finding Sam, La Llorona was thinking of her newest victim to punish the Louds. Sure... that attack against that Sam girl was a bit too far, but could you blame her? She was an important person in one of the Loud's life so in order to hurt her...though she could've thought of other ways to do it. 

You're thinking about something?

A voice said behind La Llorona. La Llorona turned around to see Valak standing behind her with her arms crossed.

I was just thinking of who to attack next before I started to think about that Sam girl.

The girl that you nearly killed? What about her?

Did I go too far with that? I mean....she didn't do anything harmful to my son and I hurt her.

The answer to that is yes and no. You did what you had to do for revenge, but she was someone who never harmed your son. Sometimes you need to think about how he will react to what you've done before doing any action. 

I hate that you're right. I won't try to kill someone who has never harmed my son again.

There is a loophole in that statement. You can't attempt to kill anyone who has never harmed your son, but I can.

La Llorona stared at her friend with a confused look on her face while Valak smirked with malice. 

You'll really do that?

Of course. I already killed several people over several centuries so what's a couple more. Besides, it's better that I do it then to have your son start to hate you for attacking the people who have never done him any wrong doing.

La Llorona looked down in shock when she heard the last part of the Valak's words. Her son hating her? She just found one of her children and she couldn't lose him. Not again. So she stared at her friend with a determined look on her face and said:

Just make sure not to go overboard.

Stealing the deal that will cause more suffering to the Louds and the people surrounding them. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter...Bye 👋