1- Are you ok?

Tuesday 6th April- 00:41AM

"Emersyn, hi, it's me, August."

"Yeah, I have caller ID...Are you okay? It's... twenty to one in the morning."

"Yes. I know. I am sorry. I didn't realise you still have my number, I practically had to fight Rayne for yours."

"No August, I never deleted your number..."

"... I am sorry for calling so late, where are you? I thought you were in Italy?"

"No, no I came back last week."

"Good. That's all I was calling for. I wanted to know you were okay, whether you needed any help getting back."

"I came back before they closed the borders, like Jackson read something online about the possibility of a national lockdown and well you know how that gossip gets spread across them all. I was pretty much forced on a plane the next day."

"I hoped as much. Like that you were back, safe."

"It's over here too, it's getting bad. Like dad tested positive today-"

"I know. How is he?"

"He's ok, he's always been crappy with being sick. I think he's used to mum being able to snuggle him but obviously they've like suggested he isolate in a separate room and shit."

"It's mental, are you at home then?"

"Yeah."

"Bet that's weird."

"It's definitely different. I haven't lived here in years."

"I know. But you're okay right? Like I was just calling to check in. To make sure you know that I am here if you need anything."

"Yeah, I am okay. Are you?"

"Yeah, I am ok."

"Good."

"... I am sorry it's been so long since my last call Em."

"I don't think you've ever called me."

"I know... I just mean, sorry for not checking in sooner."

"August, I get it. Don't worry."

"Global Pandemic just gets you thinking. So I thought I'd call, ask you if you were ok."

"Yeah...-Are you doing ok?"

"Yeah, I am good. I was literally just making sure you didn't need any money or any sort of smuggling back into the country."

"No, I am good. Safe and sound."

"Don't laugh at me, I have been concerned."

"It's nice to know you think about me."

"Of course I think about you."

"...I- yeah, anyway, please call Dad August. He's poorly and the more people he can talk to will be good."

"Of course. I'll give him a call."

"Thank you, not right now-"

"I know. Obviously not right now. It was nice hearing your voice Em."

"You too."

"I'll um, I'll check in with your father tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you for calling."

"Of course."

"So um, night."

"Goodnight."