31-I don't want the distance.

31- THE END. 

Friday 2nd June.

2:42AM

Emersyn: Are you up?

Emersyn: Hello

2:43 AM

August: Hello? You ok

Emersyn: I am sorry to wake you up

*Incoming call August*

"Hi."

"Em, why are you still awake?"

"I've been stressing."

"What's wrong? When I left you this evening we were good?"

"We were so good."

"You're stressing me a little now."

"No. We...we are still so good. It's just... um, you probably shouldn't have left me alone this evening."

"It was your idea. You said you needed to spend time with your mum."

"Yeah but talking to a manic person about your love life is a messy idea."

"I am not going to argue with that one Em. What's going on?"

"I... I may have made an impulsive decision."

"Oh God."

"I... Ha, so, hear me out."

"Go on."

"You've fought for this, yes?"

"If this means us, then yeah?"

"Don't sound so worried Leo, it's not... bad. Like I still want to be with you."

"For fuck sake Emersyn, you could have lead with that."

"Listen to me."

"I am."

"You've fought for us... and we're here now. We are... like I mean you got your way, yeah?"

"I mean, yeah."

"I am saying that it's my turn to fight for us now. I don't want the distance August. And I don't mean this in a clingy, trust issues way, I mean this in a way that simply says you put yourself out there, you fought for this, this is me fighting for that little bit extra."

"What are you saying Em? That you cancelled your flight?"

"No..."

"So you're not staying?"

"No. I brought another plane ticket."

"..."

"Pardon?"

"Yeah, I brought you a ticket, for a week from now. I have moved my flight back too. But I... this is me fighting for us okay?"

"You want me to come with you?"

"Yeah. And I know that's not... I am not trying to force you into something you don't want to do. Obviously, Leo, if this is your worse nightmare, or even just, if you really don't want that then obviously, obviously don't even worry and I will pretend like I never asked..."