21- Are you trying to kill me?

Hi, this is unedited basically sorryyy!!!

Also check out my Instagram! blair_jade because hehe there is information about the new book on there.

Also also i love you loads.

Saturday 26th May

"Hey." I say, yawning slightly as Cole unlocks the gate and welcomes me into the garden.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, tired." I say, giving him a reassuring nod and he nods for me to walk past him.

I promised her I would come, so here I am.

I called Emersyn's mother this morning, asked if they wanted anything, that's why I am not currently holding a bag full of snacks.

Their garden was a slightly startling familiar sight, November sat up on the decking, Emersyn on a blanket on the grass, Rhett, I assume, besides her, them both just talking.

Emersyn catches onto my arrival and she sits up properly, pulling a t-shirt over her head to cover her bikini top.

I just give her a smile, a tired, 'Hi you're fucking beautiful', smile, and then I look to Nove and my smile grows wider when she flashes me her own.

They both look older, Cole and November, it's strange. I've seen them obviously at family stuff, talk to them on the phone probably just as much as Ivy and Jackson call, but maybe it was Cole's sickness, the stress of the pandemic. They seem older.

Cole places his hand on the back of my shoulder and nods up to November so I climb up the wooden stairs and greet her.

"I feel like I haven't seen your face in years August." She says, shaking her head at me.

"Well it's only been since Christmas." I chuckle, placing the bag down. "I brought you your junk."

Cole laughs looking through the bag. "Junk? These are vital necessities."

Rhett comes jogging up the stairs, utterly avoiding me and he goes and sits down next to November, sliding close and watching me wearily.

I raise an eyebrow and give the kid a smile, reaching in and tossing him a bag of chips. He catches it a little clumsily and then looks over my shoulder and smiles at Emersyn who has now walked up to join us too.

It was later afternoon, the sun still high, but edging on falling.

I look at her.

"Hi."

"Hey." Is whispered back and I smile, amused by the way it feels as it did, when we were younger, being discrete.

There's nothing even going on.

Although I almost went and picked her up last night.

I a hundred per cent would have if she had let me.

"Alright eyes to yourself Mr." Cole nudges me and I look at him unimpressed, we were just looking at each other.

"Colton, don't pretend you're not happy to see the boy." November laughs and then she looks at Rhett. "This is August, he's a family friend."

The kid just nods, munching on his crisps.

Cole just steps back out of the little proximity we had and begrudgingly takes a seat.

Emersyn laughs. "Would you like a drink August? Dad's forgetting his manners."

"Yeah, I'll just-" I nod to the kitchen and she shakes her head, nodding to a chair.