Chapter 3

"Alfred! Mama wants us!" Matthew yelled at his brother. "Coming!" He yelled running out of his room with a shirt over his head, still putting it on. He eventually got his shirt over his head, just before he got into the throne room. "Alfred dear, you're 19 soon, and a war is on the horizon. So we have decided to arrange a marriage." Francine said, leaning forward slightly. "You don't have a choice." Arthur tagged on. "What?! Who to?!"
"The princess of Kievara, Anya Briginskaya."
"But mum! Dad! I heard she is a demon! Vile!" He yelled. "Enough! You are to wed and you are to not speak ill of her!" Arthur snapped. "She will be here in a two weeks..." Arthur hesitated. "My apologies your highness, but it due to circumstances I have arrived two weeks before expected." She announced, her hood still on but the jewel of her crown was prominent, the light reflecting none of her face. "May I ask why?" Francine asked. Anya looked up and Francine walked towards her, patting her shoulder and gesturing her to follow. Anya followed her out and they stopped in a spare room. "You may stay here, but I'm still curious-" she asked, Anya broke down and began sobbing into Francine's shoulder. "My apologies, your majesty" she said between sobs. "It's okay dear, what's happening?"
"My mother is sick, all the physicians died of the sickness and we have yet to find a cure, she's getting weaker by the day and I'm worried." She continued to cry. "It's okay, we will send a physician over to help. He will leave today, I assume by your emotional state she really is close to death."
"And can you tell him to tell my father that I'm safe... if he doesn't get told in two weeks he said he'll declare war." Anya sniffled, dropping most formalities.

Meanwhile in the dining room a fight broke out. "I said not to speak ill of her!" Arthur shouted. "Well she probably hid her face for a reason! She's probably ugly! I don't want to marry a savage! She killed a soldier once!"
"Because the soldiers defied my order and attacked! She was helping me! Wait... how do you know that? It doesn't matter- go to your room!"
"Dad I'm 19!"
"And your acting like a shallow child!" Arthur yelled. Pointing to the door. Alfred left and Francine walked in. Arthur slumped into his chair. "It's okay hun. We used to hate each other but look how we turned out." She smiled and kissed his cheek, wrapping her arms around his neck as he massaged his temples. "True. Perhaps you should go talk to Al? Also we need to send a physician to Kievara, plague and stuff" she kissed his head lightly and walked off.

Alfred stormed through the castle, to his room where he slumped onto his bed.