Chapter 4

It was late at night and Francine had decided to welcome Anya with a late night tour. They stopped at the garden where Anya admired the beautiful plants. "In Kievara it snows a lot, we don't usually get pretty flowed like this." She smiled and she was handed a rose. "I know Alfred met seem a bit... eh. But please, we can't handle any more wars." Francine looked down, a tear rolling down her cheek. "I understand. Honestly, I don't care if he hates me, as long as an heir is produced and the union works." Anya got up and walked away. She had noticed a patch of sunflowers 🌻 on her way and stopped by them.

Alfred looked out the window, only to see his mother with her head in her hand and Anya walking away. He rushed through the palace to the garden. Passing Anya on the way and sitting next to Francine, hugging her. "What did she do to you?" He asked. "Nothing Al, I just... with for this to work. No more war... no more death in the family. My whole family died because of bervri-Kievara wars... please Alfred, you don't understand how much comfort it would bring me, knowing they would no longer start wars..."
"So they're worse then I thought?" Alfred dead panned aloud.

"I apologise profusely for what my family has done, I understand we aren't the best, and I understand if the marriage is called off." Anya said appearing from a bunch of sunflowers. "Great. Go home." Alfred said. Francine sighed and left, leaning the two. "Don't fuck up" Francine said to Alfred before walking back to her room. "Look, I don't know who you think you are-"
"Your future wife..." she said eyeing him up and down before scoffing "apparently"

"Look. I don't appreciate you doing that, it's rude-"
"And calling me a savage and a vile monster isn't?" She shot back. "Well I bet your mother regrets you being born-"
"She's dying you insensitive bastard! The only reason I'm here right now is because of a plague ravaging my kingdom you insensitive, half witted, unknowledgeable asshole!" She yelled. Storming off to her room, leaving Alfred there. She threw herself onto her pillow, coddling it and falling asleep.

Alfred stood there awestruck at her audacity. His mouth agape catching flies. He, still stunned, returned to his bed chambers.

The night passed and Alfred was awoken by a servant. He was told he had to spend the day with Anya, he walked to her chambers and knocked on the door, peering through the slight crack he saw her at the deck, drawing. "Can I come in?" Faked asked . "Hold on a moment-" she said but Alfred ignored her and opened the door. Anya was by her trunk trying to find a dress when she saw Alfred out of the corner of her eye. "Oi! I'm getting dressed!" She said, Alfred looked at her and noticed that she only had a corset and shift on. He quickly left and stood behind the door with a blush creeping up on his face. He wanted until she let him in, this time she was fully dressed in a pink gown and her scarf.

"Thank you for waiting, comrade" she said, obviously agitated. Alfred finally got a good look at her and was struck by her beauty, he noticed her violet eyes and beige blond hair, and then he noticed the scar on her left lip. Alfred walked into her room, stunning Anya who stepped aside. "Did you attack my men? Did you ambush them?!" He demanded to know. "What? Are you okay, comrade?" She asked. "I'm fine!"
"No. They ambushed us, they killed my sisters, both of them died because of your men." She said, looking down and clutching her scarf. "This... I got from my older sister..." she looked away to the floor, and turned away, "A-Anya?" He asked when he saw her body shake lightly. "Are you okay?" He asked, she seemed to have coughed a little, she turned around and looked him in the eye, blood dripping down from her mouth and tears spilling from her eyes, running a river down her cheek. Her hand was covered in blood and Alfred looked worried, grabbing her hand and running to the physicians chamber. Mark looked up to see the prince burst into his work room with a girl in tow. "Who's this you managed to snag?" He winked and Anya, who then promptly fell to her knees, coughing up more blood. "My god!" He said ushering Alfred out of the room, he left and paced outside worryingly. While he walked around aimlessly Anya was still wheezing for air with a panicked expression. "Do you know how this might have happened?" He asked her. "Plague-" she said before collapsing, blood still pooling out of her mouth.