02 | blink

0 2

b l i n k

noun : an act of shutting and opening the eyes quickly.

IT WAS AN unwritten agreement that we decided to play the role of a stranger who met with another stranger in the bar instead of a fan met with her idol.

Jungkook drank all his scotch and turned back to me giving me an assurance smile as if it talked to me that it is okay to tell him, he will not hurt me in any way, he will not tell a soul about it. He will be just there, listening to me.

"So, why are you here, Chaeyoung?"

And I took the bait.

"To give a surprise to supposed-to-be the love of my life." The man in front of me raised his eyebrow and I sighed, "I know, sounds ridiculous."

He shook his head, "no, it's not funny at all, I was just surprised. Please continue?"

Honestly, I cannot wrap my head around the idea that Jeon Jungkook, a member of BTS, the worldwide famous boyband, was here talking with me like a quick brush. Glanced to my right where he sits, he is still looking at me anticipating listening to my story and I cannot ignore that.

With that I continued as he wished, "the name is Cha Minho, my best friend since we were high school along with my others four friends, two boys and two girls if you are curious, basically, we are a lifetime friend but," I stopped in midway, emptying my cocktail then let out a sigh, "it was different between me and Minho, it always has been. We were dating back then in high school, but it ended just right when it started."

Jungkook blew out a small whistle, "that's tough. Why though?"

"Because I was just a teenager and back then the most handsome guy in the school actually liked me and yes, that handsome guy was also my ex and long after that, I dated Minho. It was a mess." I shook my head at the thought of how messy it was in high school and about to take another sip of my drink just to find it was already empty.

I took a second to another gin and tonic and then Jungkook allowed himself to react to my story.

"So, you are telling me, you dated this handsome guy before you dated Cha Minho and why you ended the relationship again–" his voice faded in the midway and then his eyes grew wider as if he was realising something and I assumed he knew exactly what happened, "–the handsome guy asked you to get together again, wasn't he?"

I nodded my head and muttered a quick thanks to the same bartender, who did not dare to see Jungkook's face. God knows he might find me a horrible person. Seeing me did not react any further, he threw another question.

"Was the handsome guy didn't knowing you were with someone else at the moment? Or is he just one of those assholes who didn't care about anything but themselves?"

I chuckled at his reaction, "okay calm down Sherlock, at that moment nobody knew I was together with Minho except my other friends, the four people I mentioned earlier."

"Are you ashamed that you are together with Cha Minho?"

"What?! Of course not!" I cried out loud and straightened my back, "I just don't share okay? I don't like to brag about who is my boyfriend or what I'm eating for dinner."

"And here we are, you are telling me your story." He laughed by his own mark, grinning wide as his cheeks became puff like a cheese ball. Before I could defend that it was all his idea, he beat me and said, "I know that I asked for it, so please, continue?"