09 | glitter

A / N

This is the PENULTIMATE chapter of Gold Rush, meaning there is only one chapter left after this! I hope you've been enjoying this story so far.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0 9

g l i t t e r

noun : an attractive and exciting but superficial quality.

JUNGKOOK DIDN'T KNOW what moved him, all he knows, everyday, after that night in the bar, he always wanted to see her.

That night before his counter with Chaeyoung at the bar, he was all alone and thinking what he should do for this exact moment. The moment where he should decide what to do after his second contract has done him good for the past seven years. He was supposed to drink his problem away that night, but instead he was meeting with the girl who was chuckling over his order.

Jungkook never thought he could meet someone so absurdly, unpredictable and yet, he is completely okay with the way things are now.

During these past couple of days, Chaeyoung did something to him but he doesn't know what she actually did.

And he was told off to be the most competitive in the group not for nothing.

He wants to know the answer of his own question.

Because the way Jungkook is, he was about to ditch today's event and just let the rest of his members decide and he will follow the same route again or he could do some damage control later.

But that day, at the Lotte World, when her face turned pale and off guard after receiving a call from God knows who, Jungkook didn't know what got into him.

It was like someone punching his heart so hard that he was out of breath.

Especially when he dragged her out of Lotte World, changed the view and ate ice cream, on the way to their new destination, Chaeyoung was gleaned. She was just staring at the window, watching other cars passing him and biting her nails. Jungkook wants to know now what happened after that call. But he knows too well it wasn't his place to ask.

So as the stranger Chaeyoung met at the bar and as someone who wants to know the answer to his question, he did what he thinks the best.

Lift up her mood.

And see another flashing wide beaming smile on her flushed-pale face.

He would bet on everything to see that smile again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Back to the present, the youngest member was dragged by his group leader away from the princess of the night absurdly and leaving her behind in a good hand so Jungkook indeed has nothing to worry about. Jisoo will keep Chaeyoung company.

And he supposedly did not think about anything but the meeting. It was his future decision. For whatever's worth in this meeting, Jungkook needed to tell his point, like Chaeyoung said just a few minutes ago.

"I have some questions in mind, which one do you want to spill first?"

Namjoon breaks the ice between the two of them while walking down the massive foyer to the small, exclusive meeting room, somewhere at the end of this 76th floor.