Found

Vincenzo enters my bedroom, he's wearing grey sweatpants and a plain white tee shirt.
"I was about to head to bed, I thought I should say goodnight." Vincenzo's usually deep and monotone voice is gentle and sweet.

He walks towards me before taking a seat on my bed.
He pokes my nose, I see him do it but I don't feel anything.
"How was your day?" He asked, I would've shrugged if I could, I wasn't awake for most of it and I'd just woken up less than 30 minutes ago to the sound of people saying goodnight to each other.

"I had a pretty shit day." Vincenzo said looking down. He looks at the ceiling and then he took a deep breath. "I thought seeing your pretty face would fix it and it is." He says looking at me with a small smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked, voice hoarse and dry from dehydration.
Vincenzo stands and walks to my night stand and pulls out a bottle of water.

He gently lifts me off the bed and brings the bottle to my lips. I drank as much as I could.
The Iv drip inside me was probably to make sure I didn't get dehydrated but it still didn't stop my mouth from feeling incredibly dry.

I thanked him as he closed the bottle.
"I stumbled on an article about my grandfather." Vincenzo said plainly.
"Did it say something bad?" I asked and he looks at his fingers.
"Depends on what you consider bad."

"Would I consider what the article was about bad?" I asked and Vincenzo hummed. "I'm sure you would consider it so."
"And many others too?" I asked.
"Them also."

"What'd he do?" I asked, "a considerably bad thing, I just told you." Vincenzo said smartly.

I didn't miss being able to make a blank expression because I'm sure my face was in that state already.

"Yes but what?"

"I've already told you... it's not important, it's not what brings me discomfort." Vincenzo says and I'm suddenly reminded that he doesn't usually use emotionally charged words.
"More and more these days, I've been slipping." He says and I stay quiet anxiously waiting for him to continue.

"I think In many different voices, in many different ways all at once. I used to think it was beneficial because it allowed me to find solutions much quicker and allowed me to weigh the results of decision with vastly different scenarios in mind. But recently, the different voices, react to my every day stimuli as if they are in the past rather than the present. And it's causing my past and present to bleed into each other in very unstable ways."

"Like you're thinking as both your younger self and you as you are now, all at once?" I asked, looking for verification.
"No, it's like I'm living as both my younger self in the time that I was young and as I am now, with my current surroundings."

I know the idea of a younger Vincenzo filled my belly with unimaginable dread, which is why my stomach churned and fear caused my jaw to quiver but I didn't know why.

"I don't understand."

"Sometimes I open my eyes and I'm there, in Italy in front of my grandfather and the others and I blink and I'm in class."

"Does it feel real?, or like you're day dreaming?"
"It feels like I'm there in every way."

"Y-you don't seem a-any different." I stuttered out, hoping to reassure him. I'm afraid of him telling me this, but I don't know why.
"Thank you. I'm working very hard to overcome it." He says wispy.
-

I opened my eyes to see Vincenzo, peacefully asleep besides me on the huge bed. His face now in various different shades of different colors.