𝐎𝐍𝐄|𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐓

EVEN FROM HERE, Seven could feel the bass of the music vibrating through her dingy hotel room via the open window. The air was alive with electricity from the city beyond, so much so that it prickled against her skin like static, causing the fine hairs on the back of her neck to stand on end.

  She smoothed down her dress one final time and stared at herself in the mirror. No matter how hard Seven tried, she couldn't quite seem to quell the growing feeling of dread that coiled tightly in the pit of her stomach.

The girl before her was eerily familiar and yet all together foreign, her mess dark hair was a work of art in itself, and the way her dress clung tightly to her hips was enough to make the devil himself fall to his knees before her.
—But yet her eyes were wide and afeared of what was yet to come, she was a perfect portrait of dread.

  A scandalously low neckline revealed a sinful amount of skin, and the necklace that hung solemnly at her clavicle looked as though it were divinely inspired by the dress.

  She couldn't look away from the necklace, not even despite the knot in her chest, though she didn't quite know why.

  Nothing really made sense anymore, Seven thought disdainfully, but after tonight, she hoped things would become a little more clear. —For tonight she would kill a Sin.

• • •

A CHILL HAD began to settle over the night air, and once outside the bass of the music multiplied by ten. Seven cast her gaze up to revered Knott Mansion, cast scarlet by the spot lights and hallowed by the moon.

She was greeted at the gates by two guards, one of which raised an thick eyebrow at her, "Invitation?"

Shooting him a sickly sweet smile Seven pulled the relevant envelope from her purse and waited anxiously for him to check it. It should work, she thought, for only last night she had stolen it off a man in a bar and spent all of today trying reverse the enchantments on the damn thing.

After a minute he looked up, "Lady Sadem?"

Seven nodded to the false name of her allias and he signalled to the second guard who swung open the wrought iron gates with a grandiose gesture. "—Go on through."

  From inside the deep booming was so loud it made Seven's head spin as she made her way through the thick mesh of bodies by the door to the sanctity of the halls where the chaos was only slightly less so. Dipping into the nearest bathroom and locking the door behind her she began searching in her clutch.

—Much like all things in the wizard of world, the small black bag was enchanted to conceal a multitude of sins without bulking its size. It took a minute, but eventually she found what she was looking for, pulling out the wicked-looking dagger and hitching her dress as to fasten the blade to her garter.

Allowing herself one last moment alone, Seven took a shaky breath and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear before rejoining the party.

She headed straight to the bar where she lay in wait, taking a brightly coloured cocktail off the tray of a passing waiter.
It was only a matter of time before he came to her, she thought, —the self proclaimed 'King of Lust,' a man known throughout the land for not only being the leader of the most promiscuous and morally ambiguous of the factions, but also for his otherworldly parties.

Seven sipped her cocktail, the taste of a well made 'Screaming Orgasm' exploding across her tongue as she scanned the crowd and despite the what must've been hundreds of people present it didn't take her long to find her target.

Leaning back against the bar and resting her weight on her elbows Seven took her time to fully appreciate him. He was every bit as beautiful as the tales foretold.