Chapter 16

AMELIA POV

It's been a couple of days since Jodie's wedding, and things couldn't be more boring here.

As much as I loved Jasmine, spending time with her wasn't always an option and I couldn't even blame her as she had her baby to worry about.

"You're flight is leaving in an hour." My pilot called my phone.

"Thank you, I'll be there in 45 minutes."

Later I leave my house, dragging my already packed suitcase behind me.

I didn't pack too much, just the bare essentials and a couple pairs of clothes. I was going for 4 days but only 1 day was for business.

"Good afternoon Miss Davis." My pilot tipped his hat forward.

"Good afternoon." I greet him back, sitting down on one of the seats in my jet.

"What's happening in Tokyo?" One of the flight attendants asks me, sitting down opposite me.

I tried to treat my staff as my friends as much as possible, especially when I would be spending a lot of time with them.

Family wasn't really much of an option for me - my mother was dead and my dad was a deadbeat - so the friendships in my life held so much value to me.

"Mr Takahashi is holding some business meeting," I say "and I'd rather go to Tokyo than have him come to New York."

She makes a little more small talk, mostly about how she was excited to spend a few days in Tokyo as she was coming back on the same flight as me.

She was Japanese herself therefore I made sure she was my flight attendant on this trip so she would have a chance to see her family.

The plane rumbles awake, zooming down the smooth runway. My legs tingle as I feel the plane elevate and eventually start flying.

I lift the cover from the window, looking as the plane cut through the clouds.

"This is going to be a long flight, get some sleep - it's going to be 9am in Tokyo when we land so you'll be ready for the day." My flight attendant advises me.

"You just don't want to work." I joke and she laughs softly.

I realise she's probably right and decide to get some sleep, pushing the back seat back and laying down comfortably.

I take a quilt from under the chair, curling up as comfortably as I could and close my eyes.

My eyes open when the contact of the plane hitting the runway shakes me. I stretch out as much as I could and get on my feet, wiggling my toes inside my shoes.

I go into the bathroom of the plane, changing into more daytime clothes - a pair of flowy brown pants and matching loose cardigan with a white tank top under it.

Splashing some water on my face, I wake myself up fully before exiting the plane.

I get into the car waiting for me "take me to the nearest airport from Takahashi industries, please." I tell the driver.

For the majority of the drive, apart from me texting Mr Takahashi that I've arrived in Tokyo, I was mesmerised with the city view.

We had landed earlier than expected, it was 8:45am but the city was already awake.

The driver tells me we're getting close so I call the hotel to confirm my reservation.

"I'm sorry there's no Amelia Davis on this list." The lady on the phone tells me.