3~ Old Home

"Well, well, well, what do we have here. My Grace? All grown up."

How was this even possible? He was supposed to be in Azkaban, that's what Grace had always been told. How was he free?

Lee shoved her behind him suddenly.

"Don't touch her." He growled pointing his wand at David. "Get back."

"I see you've found yourself a puppet to protect yourself. No matter, he'll be dead in a moment." In a quick motion Lee was unarmed and they were both pinned against the brick wall.

"Leave him alone! Please!" Grace shouted, attempting to step in front of Lee, but he held her back. "He hasn't done anything wrong!"

"But you have! If you hadn't followed him, I wouldn't be about to kill him. This is your fault, just like your mother and brother. Granted, your mother had it coming, but your brother? He could've lived if he wasn't protecting you."

"I told him to run." Grace whispered.

"But he didn't, because of you and your mind games. Stand aside boy, and I'll let you live."

Lee didn't move, even when Grace tried to shove him out of the way.

"Lee! Go-"

"Avada Ked-"

"NO!"

Someone barreled into David and there was a snap as his wand broke.

"Charlie!" Grace screamed when she recognized the person.

There was a crack and David disappeared in a cloud of smoke, leaving his snapped wand behind. Charlie was left standing there and turned to look at them.

"Go! I'll find you later."

Grace couldn't move, the shock was sinking in and Charlie looked at Lee, tossing him a broom.

"Get her out of here!"

Lee obeyed, snatched up his wand, then grabbed Grace's hand and used a spell to tie her to him so she didn't accidentally fall.

They flew for nearly an hour, later, Lee realized they should've just found the others, but he had been in shock and panicked. They landed and Grace tumbled off, sitting on the ground, Lee kneeled next to her with his wand.

"Lumos! Grace? Baby, talk to me."

Grace just shook her head, looking around her in shock. Then struggled to stand up.

"Lee... how far did we go?"

"I.. I don't know. A few miles."

"Few miles..."

Grace walked cautiously to a huge tree in the middle of a somewhat clear area, examining it carefully, then looked up at the branches. Slowly, she reached up to the second branch and pulled it down.

There was a groaning sound and the door built into the tree opened. Grace didn't move for a second then walked in, Lee close behind her.

"Grace I'm not sure..."

There was a hiss and several gas lights lit themselves and the small room brightened immensely.

Everything looked exactly the same, there must've been a charm to keep it from getting dirty. A closet pantry, a small kitchen, and table, two sets of bunk beds that folded into the wall and the bookshelf of her Mama's most treasured books and heirlooms.

On a chair, Grace noticed, was a leather jacket that she realized belonged to Sirius. She grabbed it and put it on, breathing in his scent and letting herself remember afternoons spent in his lap, as he told her stories of the Marauders, the best pranksters of the Wizarding World.