Chapter 3

(Seraphina POV)

I took a long sip from the drink that I picked up from Woaba Boba, I still have around half an hour until John most likely got back to the house.

It felt nice to be out again, and now the relief of John and I becoming friends who could trust each other again. It was all perfect.

School would be the usual endless drag.

Sometimes I do really wish that I just got exp-

"Excuse me, young lady!" A female figure called out from behind me, I whirled around.

She was a tall blond woman with a panicked expression, "Sorry to bother you."

"It seems I left my phone at home, would you mind telling me the time?" She asked politely, and I gave her a nod.

I exited my angry pigs app, and prepared to read out the time on my home screen.

"I've got this important presentation today, it's unlike me to be so careless." She explained, and I let out a small huff, people nowadays.

"Th-"

I don't know a good way to explain this feeling, it was like someone shot me with a drug straight through my system.

Thump, thump, thump.

I could feel my hear pound against my chest as I felt my phone slip out from my grasp, it collided with the cement and cracked.

I leaned against the wall slightly, as an awkward silence followed me and the lady, "Oh gosh it cracked! I'm sorry."

"It's fine." I muttered, bending over to pick up my phone. Thump, thump, thump. Why was my heart pounding so loud and fast.

It was as if my senses had been toyed with, the ladies voice seemed to be easier to perceive than earlier.

The screen turned on, revealing the time as 2:35, "It's two-thirty by the way." I murmured as I picked up my phone.

What was that feeling? And why, can I feel my heartbeat against my chest, and my hands they've been shaking this whole time?

I glanced at my hands, one was still clutched on my drink, but the drink was slightly sloshing around at my visible vibration.

"You've been a great help, thanks!" the lady trounced off seemingly very excited that she found out the time.

I turned the corner, my hands still shaking, and my heart still pounding, what the hell was this feeling. That sensation I felt, was it making my hands shake?

Strange.

Honk! Vroom!

I whirled my head back, SCREECH! I was met face to face with a large white van, that was screaming and honking at me.

I activated my ability on pure instinct, but I was slow, something was wrong., I should've easily dodged the truck.

I'm incredibly strong, right? For some reason, my hands are still shaking and I was far too slow. My drink had fallen out of my hand, unfortunate.