Chapter 14

(Sera POV)

It was strange, waking to a knock at my door rather than the usual blaring alarm clock.

"Rise and shine." John's all too familiar voice drifted over my bed.

Still far from properly lucid I let out a groan, "What time is it?"

"It's like 4 or something." John said in a normally cheery voice, far to normal for it being 4 in the morning.

"Let me sleep." I moaned and grabbed the pillow beside my head and hurled it in the direction of his voice.

I heard the soft thud as it hit the wall, "I was hoping we could get some coffee."

"What you should be hoping for is that I don't break your arm for waking me up this early." I tried my most menacing voice.

He let out a small laugh and an apologetic, "Sorry."

"It's just, that I've been thinking about taking you out for coffee." His voice dropped several octaves as I turned to glance at him.

His face was in his palm, and his cheeks were flushed red.

My face didn't change from its annoyed tired look when I glanced at him.

Not entirely comprehending the situation I let out a tired, "Alright let me get dressed."

"Alright, I'll be outside." He smiled masking his blush quick and exited.

As the door shut I groggily rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and attempted to sit up.

As quickly as I rose, I slammed back down into the soft mattress of my bed.

At this point I'll admit that I really like John, but isn't 4am pushing the limit a little?

Fuuuuck.

Fine.

-X-

After the process of combing my mess of hair, I rode out from the bathroom.

John was at the table with a glass of coffee in his hand. A second glass poured beside him.

"You do realize I don't enjoy coffee." I told him and John nodded.

"It's orange juice, I didn't know what else to get you, it seemed the most logical."

I smiled as I slipped into the chair beside him.

"Since when we're you such a heavy thinker." I teased and he turned a slight crimson shade choking on his coffee.

The perfect John reaction.

"Anyway, I wanted to go out for coffee, but since you took a year, I decided we could just drink out here."

I resisted the urge to slam down my glass in annoyance, "It's 4 in the fucking morning."

"It's actually 5 o'clock now." He joked and I gave him a fake annoyed smile.

"Sorry." He grinned as he took his final sip of his coffee.