Busted

June Kansas

      I held Troy tightly , as the plane was about landing.
          I was really scared!!
      He looked down at me and smiled, not saying anything.
He has been kind of quiet ever since I confessed my feelings to him  , but why?????

    Alighting, a slim lanky man on white was already waiting to receive us.
      "Welcome Mr Daniels". he greeted, bowing slightly.
     "Montes". Troy called.  "How are you?"
      "I am fine". The man flashed me a smile as he led us to a black tinted car.
  He then opened the car door , holding it out for us and we climbed into the rear seat ; then he closed the door behind us and turned around to the driver seat.
  "Where are we going from here?" I asked Troy, placing my head on his shoulder.
  "My penthouse"
    Jeez! he must be really rich, but
what about his parent? I have never heard him talk about them ........so I decided to ask him.
"Troy". I looked up at him, meeting his gaze "What  of  ...... erm....". I suddenly became nervous. "What of  your parent?"
    His body went stiff and he looked away.
        Why?? Did I say anything wrong????
  "They are dead". he finally spoke.
  "Oh God!"my breathe caught. "What happened to them?"
  "Can we not talk about this please?"he pleaded
  "Alright". I heaved a deep sigh.

  The driver , Montes drove through a  gate, into a big compound and parked out  in front of a huge building.
We all alighted and walked into the building , taking an elevator to Troy's private  penthouse.
     Stepping in , I looked around in awe.
      "This is so beautiful"
    "Yeah". Troy merely nodded and began climbing up a long spiral staircase. I followed behind him, literally flying up the stairs, leaving Mr Montes alone in the sitting room.

  He pushed the door to a room open and we walked in to see —— a small paradise.
       "Yippee".  I screamed aloud and began running around .
    "I really love this place"
  He chuckled and walked into the bathroom.
   "Careful babe , so you don't fall"
  I collapsed on the bed then , breathing hard as I took of my shoes.

  In what seems like forever, Troy returned to the room , wearing only his briefs.
  Holy moly! I swallowed hard , staring at his abs.
  How can someone be so perfect ?
  "What are you staring at?" his voice brought me out of my perverted thoughts. "We have less than an hour to leave"
    "But ...I ... have ... no ... clothes, you told me not to............
  "Everything you need is in there". he pointed to a big wardrobe.
"Alright". I jolted up from the bed and ran into the bathroom, my heart racing fast.
      What exactly is wrong with me???

I stepped into the bathtub, and had a quick bath ; then I reached for a towel , wrapping it around me as I returned to an empty room.
      Where is he? I looked around.Perhaps! he is downstairs.
    I took few steps to the wardrobe, when I noticed the  black gown neatly arranged on the bed.
           It was so beautiful!!!
Awwww! I smiled . My boyfriend is so romantic.......Gosh!Did I just say boyfriend? he has not even asked me out !!!!!

              Troy PoV

  I hurriedly dressed up in a black tuxedo on a blank pant trousers; then I kicked in a black boot , picked up my phone and walked out of the room.
My mind was not settled. I was worried about how June will react when she finds out I was into drugs.
    Climbing down the stairs, I met Montez in the sitting room ,drinking.
     "Boss". he hailed ,smiling.
   "Montes".I Joined him on the sofa and he immediately poured me a glass of  wine.
  "Who is she?"he asked , referring to June.
  "A friend". I sipped from the drink . "Why did you ask?"
    "Well!" he shrugged. "I was just surprise to see you with a woman. "it is so unlike you". he quickly added.
  "I know". I mumbled, wrapped up in my own head.
    "So...."he continued. "Can I come work for you?"
    "No". I declined his officer. "you have a family , so stay with them"
He went quiet for a moment , as if lost in thought , and then smiled.
  "Thanks, You have done so much for me. You saved me from Yakuza and also made sure I have a comfortable life"
  "It is nothing". I brushed it aside.
Opening his mouth, he was about to say something , but stopped when a familiar voice called me.
I looked in the direction and saw June climbing down the stairs , looking so damn beautiful!!
"Wow!" I sprang up to my feet like a robot and
moved closer to her, my gaze not leaving her face for once.
  "How do I look?"she squeezed her face .
  "Beautiful". I answered truthfully , my eyes raking up and down her body.
I had always wanted her , but now I had this sudden urge to devour her.
  "but the gown is a bit exposed". She complained. " I am only wearing it because you want me to".
  "Let us go". I said , not wanting to hear more of her complaints
     "Alright". she sighed
  I reached out my hands to her , holding it firmly and nodded toward Montes who was watching us, a light smile on his face , and  then walked out of the house.

                     June Kansas.

  "Who is Montes?" I asked  Troy as he  drove  to only God's knows where . "Is he your friend or a driver? he doesn't look Russian to me"
  "He is a childhood friend". he answered shortly.
  "Childhood friend?" I shot him a surprised look . "Why then did he address you officially?"
  He shrugged lightly. "Probably because you were with me".

  "We are already here".he announced, parking out in front of a gigantic building.
  "Diego hotel". I read the inscription written at the top of the building.
  Wow! So huge!!

We alighted from the car and entered the large hall to see ——- almost everyone smoking. They were all dressed in black.
  Is black  the dressing code?
  "Troy". a tall chubby man called with a Russian accent , as he walked to us . "I am glad you could make it"
  "Hello Diego". Troy smiled lightly . "How are you?"
  Diego ! Is this the owner of the hotel?
  "Fine".the man grinned  and  shifted his gaze to me.
  "And who is this beauty beside you ?"his intense gaze burned into me , forcing me to look away.
  "It is none of your business". Troy retorted.
  The man chuckled. "I was just curious because  it is so unlike you Troy . Or is she so sweet down there that you forgot who you really are?"he teased.
    "Be careful with your words".Troy warned, taking my hands into his as we walked past the scary man.
  "Who is he?" I asked in whispers.
  "No one important". his harsh tone made me flinch a little.
What Is wrong with him?
Right at the moment, a lady on a black short gown walked up to us
  "Welcome Mr Daniels". she forced her ugly face to smile. "This way please".she bowed slightly and led us to a front table, filled with all sort of assorted wines and —— smokes.
  We  sat down , making ourselves comfortable and to my dismay , Troy reached out for a packet of cigarette and began smoking.
    I huffed. "They are all the same".
  "What is it?"he stared hard at me.
  "Nothing". I drawled , averting my gaze from him , looking around , only to meet the cold gaze of Diego.
      He winked at me and I looked away immediately.
        Oh God! What is this place???
   "Troy".I shifted my gaze to Troy who was busy with his phone
  "Yes"he answered , his eyes still fixed on his phone.
  "What is this place?" I directed the question to him , and only then did he look at me.
  "A party". he sounded like he was not sure of himself.
  "What kind ....."I stopped mid sentence when i noticed he wasn't paying attention as his intense gaze was fixed right behind me , as If staring at someone.
   I quickly turned around and saw a handsome old man with grey hair standing at the entrance, two hefty men behind him.
  The man looked around and the moment his gaze locked with Troy's , he began walking to our table.
  Who is he? Is he a friend to his ........ my thoughts trailed off when I noticed the man in front of us.
  "Hi Troy".the man greeted . "it has really been long"
  "Hello Yakuza". Troy smiled lightly.
  The man returned the smile . "I can see you are all grown". he faced me then. "Is she your girlfriend?"
     "And I don't see how that concerns you?"Troy snapped at him.
    "Alright then". the man gave me a small smile, and walked  to the next table where his "bodyguards" were already seated.
What just happened? Why are they all pretending to be friends, when they obviously don't like each other!!!!

  "Good evening Ladies and gentle men". a man on black called for everyone attention. "Welcome to the Mafias peace party"
  "Mafia! What is that?" I asked Troy in whispers.
     There was no response from him , as he acted like he didn't hear me.
  The man continued. "As you all know , this  is the only way for us to know and recognise each other". he paused to look around . "and we are happy to have Drug lords from other countries in our midst"
  Drug lord? I was so confused . what is he saying?
  "Troy Let us get out of here". I attempted to hold his hand, but he gently slapped mine away!!
      "Get a hold of yourself"
  I scoffed . What is he saying??????
"Are you a Mafia?"I fired at him
   "C,mom June , let's don't make a fuss out .......
  "Are you Into drugs?" I cut him short , as I was in no mood to listen, I was not even ready to hear whatever he has to say.
     He exhaled deeply. "Yes"
    "Holy Mary". I exclaimed in shock.

TBC