My heart belongs to you

June Kansas

      I forced myself out of the bed and went into the bathroom to wash my face.
      I felt so weak and sore, Did I over react?
      I returned to the room and sat on the bed; then reached for my phone ,switching it on.
        There were several voicemails from my parent asking me to call back as soon as I was with my phone.
      Dialling my mom number , she picked it up on the first ring
      "June." her voice rang out through.  "How are you? Your dad and I have been worried about you.
      "I am fine mom." I grunted my response.
         "You sure?"
          "Yes".
      "Alright." She sighed . "What about Troy?"
       "He is fine." I spoke in a rush. "And dad?"
      "He is at work. We are both missing you honey."
      "I miss you more mom"
        "Be good baby." she  ended the phone call.
      Oh right! I glanced at the wall clock and noticed it was past noon
          Phew! It is time to go see Sara!!!!
        I got off the bed  and  put on a low sandal , then I grabbed my bag and walked out of the room, locking the door behind me , heading to the hospital.

      I got to the hospital and walked straight to the reception.
      "Good morning ma,am." I greeted the nurse on seat
      "Morning." She raised up her head and looked at me, smiling. "How can I help you?"
      "I am here to see my friend, Sara Campbell."
      "Sara Campbell." She muttered as she typed into her computer; then she looked up at me.
      "She is in the VIP section Ward A."
        "How can I get there?"
      "Go through this passage , the first turning on your right."She directed
     "Thanks." I followed her direction and found myself in front of a glass door.

   Sliding it open, I walked in to see Sara seated on the bed, her eyes glued to the television.
I smiled. "And see who is enjoying." I teased.
      "June." She looked in my direction. "How are you?"
      "Fine." I sat down on a chair close to the bed. "How are you feeling?"
      "Better." She replied . "but I don't like the smell of hospital."she frowned.
      "Don't worry." I assured her . "You will soon be out of here."
      "I know." She exhaled deeply. "So........how is Troy?"
      "Fine." I tried to smile, but it came out awfully.
      She laughed. "What is with the face?..........or wait!you ain't happy right?"
         She knows me too well!!!
      "Yes, I am not happy". I stated truthfully.
      "What is wrong?" She asked , her gaze soft.
      "It is ...... "my words caught in my throat . "Steph is dead."
      I had expected her to scream in shock , but she didn't. She merely exclaimed softly and reached for the phone which was on a table beside her.
      "Oh." I stared at her in surprise. "Is that what you will say?"
      "And what do you expect me to say?"She retorted. "The bitch deserved it."
      "Sara."I gasped in shock . "How can you say that, Steph  was your friend."
      "Damn her and her friendship." She half yelled. "That bitch took advantage of me"
        "How?"
      "Tsk.....Tsk......Tsk...."She clucked her tongue. "You are really naive. Isn't it obvious She tried to kill you."
      "Kill me?" I muttered , clearly confused.
      "Arrrgh." She grunted. "Can't you think? Who invited you to the party? Steph, Who stopped you from dancing? Steph. She even tried to stop me from coming to you saying I should let you be. Why do you think she did that?"
     "Oh no." I panicked as the reality hit me
      Troy killed Steph because she aided in the kidnap.
      Oh God! What have I done? I clamped my mouth shut to stop myself from screaming, tears of pain rolling down my eyes.
      "What is wrong?"Sara questioned, staring puzzled at me.
      "I reacted foolishly."I began hitting my chest. "I said mean things to Troy, I even called him a heartless being".
      "That is too much June." She scolded . "And what was his response?"
         "He... said .... nothing, he ..... just .... left." I struggled my words in between tears.
    She stared at me for a moment , as if thinking, and then spoke up.
      "I was in a smaller ward with four other patients, we were all squeezed in and packed like sardines. Do you know how I got here?"
      I sniffed . "No."
      "Troy did it . He called the doctor and instructed him to give me a vip treatment. He did it because I was your friend , he did it for you..........."
      "Troy."I mumbled.
      "Are you so dumb to see how much you are changing him. Troy doesn't love but he fell for you, he doesn't care but he cares for you and the people around you. Do you know how much you hurt him? you really need to apologise before his heart turns cold again.
      Cold? hell no! if he turns cold, what will happen to me?
      My hands trembled as I dialled his number, but it rang until his voicemail picked up.
      I dialled it again , but it was still the same.
      Troy please pick up my call!!!

                     Troy Daniels

      I sat there in the bar , drinking and smoking, in an attempt to clear up my foggy brain, but it seemed not to be working.
       It was still heavy!!
   Damn! If only Andy had been here ,then I would have confided in him . I really missed him and his advice.
      Just then, My phone rang and I stared down at it to check out the caller and noticed it was June.
      Why is she calling? I simply muted her number, I just wanted to be left alone.
    "Troy."My mum voice rang across the room as she walked out of the kitchen, holding a tray . "Food is ready." She announced.
      I looked toward her and was in time to see her place the tray on the table.
      "I am not hungry."I grunted
      "But why?"She queried , moving closer to me
      "Nothing".
      "You lying to your mother?"She accused.
   A wave of guilt hit me that instant and I looked away!
      "I just want to be alone."
     "it is June right?" She continued. "Did she hurt you?"
      "Arrrgh! Can we please not talk about her?"
      "Did she offend you that bad? Even though you should be able to forgive her since you love her..........
  "Love?" I scoffed . "Do i really know what Love   is?"
      "Stop that".she chided . "What has come over you?"
      "Nothing. I am not Just cut out for craps like love , I guess I am really heartless , I ........ I stopped mid sentence when I notice a slim curvy woman standing at the entrance——Tania.
      "What are you doing here?"I thundered. "I thought I made it clear to you that once you sign the papers you lost all right to see Tricia."
      "I know Troy." She moved closer . " I just want to see her for the last time please."
      "So you can hurt her?" I snickered.
      "No."I will be leaving this country with my fiancé and I want to hug her one last time".
      "She is busy."I stated coldly
      "I will wait for her"
      "Suite yourself." I responded dryly as I inhaled more of the smoke
      "Who is she?"My mother whispered.
      "Tricia's mother".

                        June Kansas

      I kept on dialling Troy number, but he was still not picking.
     My heart had began racing faster , I was clearly not myself!!
      "Troy please pick my call."
      I took a taxi to his mansion and what I saw made my heart stopped beating.
     Troy and Tricia standing outside with a very beautiful lady.
     Who is she?" I stood there transfixed on the spot , watching them.
       The lady bent to kiss Tricia, and then got into her car.
       "Troy." I finally found my voice and began running to him.
     He looked in my direction and then walked into the mansion, completely ignoring me.
         What just happened? Did he just ignore me? Is he tired of me.................my thoughts trailed off as I noticed Tricia waddling her tiny legs to me.
       "June". She jumped on me , laughing.
     I caught her and ruffled her hair . "How are you??"
     "Fine". she squealed . "Mum came to see me today."
     So the beautiful woman is her mother!!!
  "Alright."I then took her hands into mine and we walked through the gate , straight to the sitting room and met Troy's mum watching the television.
     "Good morning ma." I greeted her.
      She looked in my direction. "June". she called out in surprise.  "You back so early? No lectures? or was your class cancelled?"
     "It is not about my class, it is my heart." I stated  . "It is heavy, Troy is angry with me."
      She sighed. "Try and talk to him, I am sure he will listen to you."
      "Where is he?" I asked softly.
      "In his room"
      "Alright. "I smiled at Tricia who was watching me silently and then climbed up the stairs to his room.

      I tried to push the door open, but noticed it was locked.
      Did he lock it because of me?
      "Troy."I screamed , but there was no response.
      "Open this door please."I began banging the door , but there was still no response.
   "Please." I fell to the floor, crying . "I am sorry , I am really sorry please."
    Slowly, the door creaked open to reveal Troy standing at the entrance.
       "I am sorry, please forgive me." I begged.
      "No."he sighed . "I should be the one saying that , I am sorry for making you cry."
    With that, he lifted me up in a bridal style and carried me inside the room.
    "I am sorry for calling you heartless, I never knew you did it because of me ,I am sorry for Judging you without listening to you.................
    "No , you are right."
   "I am right." I looked at him , surprised.
    He nodded slowly. "I am heartless because I don't have a heart , my heart is  you, it belongs to you.
    "Troy". I gasped out softly
    "So please teach me how to use it, I want to change .

    TBC