The Arrival of Buckingham

Alyssandras P.O.V:

The next day we stood side by side in our new uniforms waiting for the arrival of Lord Buckingham. We waited for what felt like hours before something happened.

I stood between Aramis and D'artangan. Last night me and Aramis talked about God and a few other things regarding religion and random things.

There was a large shadow above us and I knew immediately what it meant. We look up to see a big airship, if I remembered how to smile and laugh, I would probably laugh and make jokes about how funny the red guards looked when they scurried away from a certain squashing by an anchor.

The airship swung in the air above us and ropes were thrown over the side with people swinging down on them. They pulled the ship down and onto the ground. A ladder came out of the ship and a door opened to reveal a man with dark hair and a funky blue suit.

The king and Cardinal March towards the ship to greet Lord Buckingham. "Buckingham," Athos said with disgust in his voice. Buckingham stepped off the ladder and bowed to the king. I couldn't hear what they were saying so I just watched.

I watched as the queen approached with Constance at her side. They then tired and started to walk towards the palace in our direction. We kneeled as they came in front of us.

Buckingham stopped before us and talked in amusement, "well this is a pleasant surprise," the king stepped towards us as well, "ah another acquaintance of yours I see." I could tell the king was getting a little annoyed.

Athos spoke up, "we've met yes." Buckingham said, "as I recall, last I saw you, you were on your knees as well, a most unfortunate habit." Athos looked up in disgust, "it's a habit I shall have to break during our next encounter."

"Look forward too it," he looked towards me and a smile broke out on his face, "well, well, well isn't she a beauty, what's your name sweat heart?" I looked him in the eye and said, "Alyssandra my lord," he smiled with interest while out of the corner of my eye I could see Aramis fuming.

Buckingham bent over, took my right hand, and kissed it. My face remained neutral while he smiled. "Not one to smile much are you my love, oh well, perhaps I will see you again." As he turned to the Cardinal I furiously wiped my hand on my uniform, absolutely disgusted.

I muttered, "never in your dreams you pompous ass." I could see Aramis trying to hide a stupid grin at what I had said and for once I nearly smiled myself, as I saw that smile of his I felt butterflies in my stomach. I watched as the two headed snake walked away with the king.

We left after everyone else and went back to where the boys were staying. D'artangan was summons to the castle by the king, Athos was out drinking and Porthos was God know where. So that letter Aramis and myself.

I sat down and played with my hair and then thought about my mothers bible. I took it out of my satchel and held it gingerly in my hands. Aramis saw it and smiled, "your mothers I'm assuming?" I look up at him and nod.

"How come you never smile or laugh?" Aramis asked the question I've been asking myself. I slowly look over to him, "I used to. I used to be fun, warm, dramatic at times. But when I held my father in my arms and listened to his last dying words, I felt something change, and then nothing."

He nodded, "and nothing makes you happy any more?" I shook my head while looking down at the bible. "I've thought about killing myself many times. But I couldn't do it. I promised my father I would come to Paris and become a musketeer, and I can't leave Galileyo all alone."

He had this weird, confused smile on his face that made him look like a lost puppy and I felt the butterflies in my stomach again. "Who's Galileyo?" He asked in a quiet and adorable voice. I felt the corners of my lips lift for a split second but then drop to a line again.

"Galileyos my horse. He's a black mustang I found in the wild. I raised him since his birth. He's 4 years old and he follows me around wherever I go." Aramis smiles fondly at me, "I can see you're very fond of him."

"Yes, I haven't seen him in a few days, I think I shall visit him right now, would you like to join me Aramis?" He looked paralyze the moment I said his name. But he snapped out of his daze and nodded.

We walked towards the stables where I first went when I came here. The stable boy was feeding a tan Arabian horse when we approached him. I decided to test him to see if he is fit enough to take care of my horse.

"Where's the black stallion?" I asked the stable boy. He looked up at me and said defiantly, "he's not your horse so go away please Madame."

I smirked and put my hat on, his smug smile was wiped right off his face, "kid, he's my horse, and you just passed my test. Lead me to him and I shall reward you."

"Right this way Miss," he led me to the third stall on the left of the Arabian. I whistled a shrill tune that only my horses will recognize. Galileyos head shot through the doorway of the stall and he whinnied and bucked in excitement.

I walked up to him and unlatched the corral door. He stepped out and eagerly nudged me and I almost laughed. I spoke quietly to him and almost forgot about the stable boy and Aramis.

I flicked two crowns to the kid and he happily ran off. I walked towards Aramis, "Galileyo, this is my friend Aramis, say hi." Galileyo nudged Aramis' shoulder and huffed in his face. The look on Aramis' face was priceless. I giggled quietly. It sounded so foreign to my ears.

Aramis whipped towards me and looked at my confused face. He laughed, "you're showing emotion again, thats great!" I looked down at where Aramis had held my arms and felt heat rush to my face.

I awkwardly looked up at Aramis, he was only a few inches taller than me. He noticed that he still held onto my arms and let go, coughing awkwardly.

Galileyo came up behind me and pushed me into Aramis, leaving me and Aramis to fall to the ground. I landed on top of him, sort of straddling his waist. I blushed and quickly got off apologizing and helping him up.

I've never felt this way before. I look over or Galileyo who snorts or me, I huff and roll my eyes. While feeding Galileyo an apple I can feel Aramis' eyes on me. " I guess we should head back, its getting dark." I say and I hear an agreement from Aramis.

When we walk through the door Athos, Porthos, D'artangan, and Planchet, are sitting around the table talking about a few things I catch the words 'Aramis, Alyssandra, walk.'

"Where have you two been?" Athos asked as we walk toward them. "Aramis and I went down to the stables to see my horse. Is there a problem."

"No,no, just wondering. That's all." I sat down in the corner of the room and started re-reading my bible, dismissing all of Aramis' attempts to get me to sleep in his room for the night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey. How is everyone? Hope it's not too bad. If there are any errors let me know and I'll change them. Any suggestion for Aramis and Alyssandra as well.

~*~Casey