0:5

☔︎

why would you ever kiss me
i'm not even half as pretty
you gave her your sweater
it's just polyester

☔︎

first another week passed of chan hanging out more with haein, then another, and another, until it had finally been two months. chan and i hadn't hung out properly since then, but i was still dumb enough to keep my crush on him. i was starting to wonder if we would ever hang out properly again, and was met with hope today. "wanna go to the drive in theater today at six?" chan asked me as we waited for the last bell to ring in homeroom. "really? sure!" i said as my eyes lightened up a little. "that's great! i hope you don't mind me inviting some other friends as well." chan said. "don't worry, you can invite others too." i said with a small smile.

even if weren't hanging out alone like before, we would still be considered hanging out. once the last bell rang, i quickly went to my locker before leaving home to get ready. i let my parents know i would be hangin out with some friends and they let me know they were okay with it. after i finished getting ready, chan picked me up as well as some others before we headed to the theater. it seems like chan invited me, haein, felix, and his other friend named changbin.

everyone seemed to be having fun on the way to the theater, and i felt happy. chan ended up getting tickets for toy story and parked in a good spot. "let's set up some blankets!" felix said as he grabbed the blankets chan brought. i laughed as i started helping him. "don't get the blankets dirty!" changbin told felix, who almost dropped two blankets. "oops," felix said. i laughed a little more at them before noticing chan and haein were in front of the car, instead of in the back with us. she was also wearing chan's sweater, the same one he had let me wear once.

"you can keep the sweater by the way, it looks better on you than anybody else anyway." i heard chan say before he kissed her head. i looked away and felt a sudden sting in my throat. "i'm gonna go get some concessions, you guys want anything?" i asked changbin and felix, and they both asked for popcorn and a drink. i then left to the concession stand, noticing the two in the front of the car who seemed to be laughing with each other and my heart just stung at the sight. maybe hanging out wasn't the best idea.

☔︎