Small Hands

Seiran and Bridgette barely talked to each other until they had reached Brooklyn Pancake House. Both were pretty conscious that they certainly looked like a teen couple going to an after-school date, yet she sometimes holds on his arm whenever they crossed streets and he had assisted her when they rode the bus.

The café looked exactly as it was from two years ago. The warm ambience of the place, together with a classical piano piece playing on the background, generates that romantic atmosphere in the place.

"Impromptu No. 3 in G-Flat Major," Seiran whispered.

"Op. 90/2, D. 899, No. 3." Bridgette continued. The two looked at each other then laughed. "It's Schubert!"

"Yeah. The third of four Impromptus." Seiran smiled. "Piano Romance, huh?"

The two headed to a table by the café window.

"Thanks." Bridgette said when Seiran pulled out a seat for her. Seiran shrugged, pulling a chair for himself. Awkwardness filled the atmosphere despite the ambience. Seiran cleared his throat.

"Why didn't you asked Hirasawa-"

"Cleaning duties."

"Oh." He stared at her as he rest his chin on his palm. He could tell that she's not as upset as she was about what he had said earlier. The place had lightened her mood somehow.

"I'm sorry."

Bridgette blinked at him, making his heart beat a little faster. Since when did I became this nervous before her?

"It's cool. I'm sorry for dragging you here."

"I mean, for calling you ugly that day," Seiran cleared his throat again. "You see, Aki gets jealous really fast. I know he likes you, so... I shouldn't get in his way."

Bridgette couldn't find the words to say to him. She admits that she's starting to like Seiran, even though she knows that the chance that he will like her back is close to zero.

She rested her elbow by the table and put up her hand. "Hand," she said.

"I know."

"I mean, give me your hand." Bridgette said while her cheeks glowed pink. Seiran frowned. "Why?"

For a reason unknown even to her, Bridgette smiled sweetly at Seiran. "Ah, mou..." He put his hands against Bridgette's. He could feel the warmth of her palms transfusing with his own heat.

The last time we did it, she had forced me to hold my hand up.

And he caught himself smiling at the thought. "What?" Bridgette asked. Her sea green eyes have a deeper shade that day, and it can't help but to gaze to a pair of azure eyes before her.

"Your hands are really small." Seiran said as he once again noticed the size difference of their hands. "Did you really played the piano?"

Bridgette laughed. Even she herself was amused on how she could play the hard piano pieces with such small hands.

"I like your hands. Your long fingers. Figured you don't have troubles in playing octaves."

"Not really."

"You started playing, perhaps at three?"

"Six."

Bridgette innocently played her fingers with Seiran's, which made him blush so wildly. "I started playing when I was three."

"Maji?" Seiran calmly answered. It is as if it wasn't a wonder for him. He just stared at their hands while they wait for their food. "They're so tiny. They're really small."