II. The vision

this story is about to become really interesting so stay tuned❤️

enjoy❤️

*

I fell asleep on the balcony of my room. It was a warm summer night, so I didn't mind sleeping on a thick sheet outside, under the stars. It got a little chilly, but that made me fall asleep the second I touched the pillow.

Kakashi and Iruka were sleeping on the living room bed, and I remembered making tons of jokes about that. Iru has probably wrapped the sheet all over himself and Kakashi had to sleep uncovered. I warned him about that. He just smiled.

I was dreaming at the moment, but it wasn't too clear.

My heart was steady, I was on a green field, the grass so soft under my palms. The wind was playing in my hair and I closed my eyes, leaning my head on the back. I could hear some voices floating above me, but when I looked up, there was only a pretty little bird, a blue one, flying.

I looked ahead. The view was wonderful and I could've sworn that, for one moment, I saw someone in the distance, slowly approaching. I strained my eyes, getting up, slowly. I had a strange feeling... like I knew them.

Then, suddenly, right when I saw their faces and my eyes filled with tears, everything fell apart, a black colour filling the space. All I saw was black. Nothing more.

"Hello?" I yelled.

I hoped that those two people would hear me. But they weren't there with me. And that freaked me out, because I was alone again, I felt that horrible, terrifying pressure that I used to feel those days after my parents vanished. I felt the same... alone...

"What's happening?" I screamed, looking up, then down, then up again.

I wanted to take a step further, but something caught my leg. I fell, wrapping my arms around myself. I was shaking like hell and my hands turned icy.

'You'll never be good enough...'

I stopped shaking, still with my hands in my hair. I popped my eyes and stayed still, because that voice came from inside me. It was like a strike of pain and it crawled from my feet into my stomach!

"What...?" I muttered, my cheeks red and wet from the tears.

'This path you're talking about... It's useless. You're useless! You have nothing to fight for!'

I froze, my hands trembling harder. "Shut up!" I shouted, curling up.

'Stop fighting it... It was so easy... giving up. You're not good enough and you know it! You should've given up...'

"NO! NO!" I said, fighting with the tension that was inside my lungs. I couldn't breathe. "SHUT UP!"

I was twisting and shivering and moaning under the sheet that was covering me. The silence of the night was probably ruined by my cracked voice.